I had 3 level ACDF in late Oct 2008, work at a computer all day and am still in pain. I've had nerve ablation done 1 month ago and still am in pain, I have major muscle spasms. I still take Percoset maybe 3 times a week. Does anyone know of any exercises I can do to gently stretch the back muscles so I can alleviate these spasms?

Hi there, I think that there was actually an article posted here on ACDF surgery not too long ago I think it was about a week or two? YOu can check that out because I think that it has something on back stretches for muscles spasms. DOes that help? I hope it does. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do and also please let me know how you're doing because i'd like to hear if this helped you out. Thanks!

Your best option, if you have insurance, is to have a physical therapist show you the proper way to stretch your muscles. Sometimes doctors even have this info to hand out in their office. Or your surgeon.
You may even find this info on an internet search.
Having ACDF surgery myself I think it is very important to learn the proper stretches instead of going at it blindly.
The exercises are too detailed for me to describe to you...sorry! Photo instructions are much more helpful.