iam overweight, iam 178 cm tall, 100 kg,25 single female,ihave acne and excess hair, iwent thru some hormonal test, and all of them were normal, and had ultra sound and it reveal that i have polycyctis ovaries, my period is regular, my hormonal levels r normal, some of the dr advice to start glucophage and oral contraceptive pills, other didnt recommend it, so should i do? and is there any side effect 4 the glucophage?

I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and had similar physical symptoms. I'm 31 yrs old. I did though have abnormal hormone levels and my periods weren't that regular. The doctor put me on glucophage and a low estrogen birth control pill and my energy and symptoms seemed to lessen. I did have one severe side effect from the glucophage though. I had severe Diarrhea about 6-8 hours after taking it. It never went away even with a graduated dose. The doctor then put me on Januvia and a small 15 mg dose of Actos and I feel wonderful! I still have cystic ovaries but they seem to have lessened in severity/pain but everything else is great. Start being on top of your health now! I wish I knew what was going on with me when i was 25!

i was diagnosed with pcos when i was 16 and i had similar symptoms i started taking yaz the birth control pill and its working out good for me.

I was diagnosed with pcos in dec 2007. I am finding it quite difficult to come to terms with as i have a daughter and did not have this problem before and me and my partner was planning another child this year. Pcos has now made me feel very different about myself and i aint sure if i will become pregnant again so i feel there is no point trying to concive as i dont want to be dissapointed.