If you take reproduction out of the conversation entirely, for those who have lost both testicles to cancer, the main problem is quality of life. The hormone replacement is expensive and does not work the same as natural testosterone at all! You still have to take Viagra or Cialis to get hard enough to have a satisfying sexual experience, which has to always be planned. You have to make sure you have removed any of the testosterone gel before your partner touches you, take a pill and wait for it to kick in.....It's just not the same at all and both physically and mentally reduces quality of life. A transplant would solve this - if you don't care who's sperm it is, but just want that natural testerone back!

I'm a thirty year old male who had testicular cancer at the age ten. Because of this, they removed one testicle and the other didn't grow into puberty and does not produce sperm or testosterone. I currently take testosterone daily to remain mentally and physically healthy. Would a testicular transplant produce testosterone?    

Here's how a testicular transplant would work. You receive a testicle from a donor. It would produce testosterone just like any functioning testicle, however... it would hold the DNA from the original owner of the testicle in question. So yes, a testicle transplant would be possible, and would probably produce enough testosterone to sustain your body without the help of gels, pills, injections, or creams.

Unfortunately, it is more cost effective and profitable for the medical world to keep you on said alternatives than to replace the missing or failed organ, because they make a life-long customer out of you. Should our medical field switch back to trying to help people instead of making a quick buck, then perhaps this type of transplant would become more common place. As of right now, it is purely elective, and not widely carried out.

An even better alternative would be to use your own body's stem cells to regrow your testicle in a lab, and plant that in your body. Therefore you would receive not only your own natural testosterone, but be able to reproduce a child bearing your DNA, and not the donor's of a foreign testicle. It would also have no refusal problems, where the body will not reject the foreign organ, as it is read as your own. This is what I want to see, and constantly make strides to submit thesis papers to laboratories, experimenting in stem cells, attempting to persuade them into regrowing a victim who has lost their testicle(s) so that we can all live healthy, natural lives, the way we should've been permitted to in the first place. I hope to eventually have luck making this happen, and have even offered myself as a test subject for such a experiment, should they need one.

Hi I have a very similar problem, and being from Africa treatment here is very limited. I got divorced and have since remarried. My problem is that after the novelty of meeting my wife had worn off it went with my sex drive. I can however have and maintain a strong erection but this is not very often and I find that sometimes I will only have sex twice a month which is not very healthy for my marriage. Please help if you have any information or solutions to this problem as my new wife now wants a child and does not want to adopt.

U find out I give u both my testicles

im 42, i would Donate my left testy to a young man looking to start a family of his own that had no left testy... i have smart ,beautiful kids... my wife and i are done having kids... as far as the kids being the kids of the donor....Wrong... A man can be the father of a child of no blood relation...Same blood does not make a father,,, love and support makes a father, not having the same gene does not have nothing to do with being a Dad...

I had one testical removed in the early 80's because of cancer. Although an artifial one replaced it visually, Apparently, the docter made an error during sergury and the testicle does not produce ejaculate. I have lived with this sense of not being a man. There is something missing. When I have sex and have an orgasm, I try to shield the fact that there is no ejaculate. The only way I can produce a small amount of ejaculate is to take very strong stimulants. Can testicle replacement fix my problem?

was u able to fertilise ur wife with just on testis?

There has not been a testicle transplant in humans. Even so, there are many things to consider in such a hypothetical scenario:

- The surgeon would also have to include the epididymis with the testicle. Otherwise, no sperm would be able to make it from the testicle to the spermatic cord.

- Attaching the epididymis would be a b***h as those tubules are microscopic and delicate... and they go into the testicle.

- Medicine to prevent rejection of the organ would replace your HRT.

A testicle transplant that is viable and can produce testosterone and sperm seems a bit far-fetched with today's technology. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think some of you are overestimating the capacity of current medical advances. Hell, we can't even treat chronic epididymitis and prostatitis, and those should be simpler to solve.

Thank your blessings you are otherwise healthy and can run, jump, walk, and even have sex. I have both testicles, but they are useless to me with the mysterious and painful condition that has afflicted me. I'd gladly get rid of them if I could get my former [active] life back.

Yes. He had a vasectomy to prevent getting his wife pregnant!

JCA

find me a girl like ur mentality...........

awesome POST. I AM pretty much going thro divorce though not clear of reasons. i have same prob which makes me think that this may have been a reason though not "the only" reason....very motivating

I'm 47 this year I've had no feeling in my testicles or penis since I was 24 I hD a accident . Would a transplant make me feel sensation again ?

your story is very encouraging hope HRT would really address the missing factor for life to go on amidst loss of testicles. thank you very much

To JCA: There has been a very successful transplant in humans. I don't know if you will see this post, but my cousins - identical twins had one donate to the other, who then fathered children. i'll see if I an find the article I have.