Hello. I'm 37 year old female and I would like to find out more about possible causes of my constant stomach pain.
For the past four months I've been suffering from a stomachache almost daily. It hasn't really slowed me down, and it seems fairly mild but it started to interfere with my everyday activities.
The pain gets worse when my stomach is empty and that’s why I'm eating something all the time. I haven’t had any problems with my stomach earlier.
I have talked with any doctor over this and I'm just wondering what could be the cause. Could it be something serious?

Hello. First I want to tell you that it could be very difficult to say exactly what’s wrong with your stomach because there are many possible reasons. Severe abdominal pain can be from mild conditions, such as gas or the cramping of viral gastroenteritis but, on the other hand, relatively mild pain or no pain may be present with life-threatening conditions, such as cancer and similar.
The most common cause of abdominal pain is the stomach or intestinal flu and sore abdominal muscles. The cause could also be a peptic ulcer of stomach or duodenum.
The thing is that you will never be sure until you contact your gastroenterologist. He could perform stomach biopsy or gastroscopy for evaluation of possible ulcers. Wish you luck!