I have been agoraphobic for almost a year now. The absolute furthest I have been is a block away from home. I'm so pathetic! This is going to kill me.

I have been having severe abdominal pain on both sides of my abdomen. Both upper and lower. Severe back pain Upper and lower. Pain in my pelvis. This has been going on for about 3 months. I can't get out to seek medical help. I have no clue on what's causing all this pain. Right now as I am writing this.. I have abdominal pain all over, pain in my right side, right side of pelvis& right side of my back. I haven't ran a fever or vomited. I do feel nausea a lot though. No blood in my urine. When I go to the bathroom, I seriously strain every time. Sometimes I don't go for 2, 3 days. I have strained so much I now have hemorrhoids. Going to the doctor scares me to death. I have a blood and needle phobia. I also fear hospitals. Anyone know what could be the cause? Please don't respond and tell me I need to see a doctor, I know this and that's what scares me. I just wish I knew what was wrong with me. Mostly I'd like to know how I can also get over my fear of being away from home so I can get there. I don't really have time to do exercises or exposure therapy. I need advice on how I can quickly overcome my agoraphobic fear so I don't die :/ I bet no one on here can relate. I feel helpless right now. Someone offered me some Amoxicillan to kill off any infection but what if that just makes it worse? If you actually took the time to read this.. Thank you! %-)

Hello, Mandy83,

I did take time to read your post, even though it is seven days old. 

Are you still reading this web site?  If so, email me back.  I have never been agoraphobic, but I imagine it must give you time to do things.  I know some things you could do for yourself without leaving the house that may help your pain.  A trip to the doctor would be the best thing you could do for yourself, but since that is not going to happen, would you like to try some self-help?  Email me back.

It's not letting me E-mail you... Can you please E-mail me?

When I checked my email I found a notice from steadyhealth.com that you had replied.  It arrived in my inbox at two AM, eighteen hours ago.

How are you doing?

Still dealing with the same pains in my abdominal region and back. Here lately the back pain has been mainly in the upper left part of my back around my ribs. Not sure why I cannot PM you. I'm new to this site.

We both know that you should see a doctor and we both know that you are not going to because of your agoraphobia. I am thinking that we could alleviate your digestive problems, and that would get you out of pain, which would relieve your stress, which would make you less afraid.

Our digestions are happiest when we give them 1. good food 2. in the right amounts 3. at regular times. How are you doing with that?

The other thing we can't do without is sleep. Do you sleep at night?

Do you live in a city that has a health food store so whoever is bringing you food could bring you some herbal teas and some flax seed?

Do you own, or can you borrow, a blender?

When you feel good enough it would be good for you to do a regular, easy walking program. Is your house big enough to move around in?

Let me know. I will be home tomorrow and can check my email earlier in the day.