Hello. I'm 26 year old female and just recently I have developed some gum problem. I have suffered from mild pain while eating and slight bleeding from my gums. I thought that it could be from physical injury during teeth brushing or something similar but because my symptoms lasted for days- I contacted my dentist over this.
He told me, after he looked in it, that I have probably developed some gum infection called gingivitis and that is should get some appropriate treatment for it. So, he prescribed me some antibiotic gel as treatment which I should use for 10 days.
But, just recently I have read somewhere that using these kinds of gels can cause a bad impact on your whole body. Is this true?

Hello. I have read your post and, to be honest with you, I didn’t know anything about that issue but it made me curious. So, I did a small research on my own and found out some interested stuff.
You were right about that.
You see, some last researches on this field showed that therapy for periodontal disease lessens the inflammatory burden throughout the body. The thing is that people who have used this antibiotic gel had significant reductions in C-reactive protein and fibrinogen, two substances found increased in blood when body develop some infection. C-reactive protein and fibrinogen are markers for inflammatory activity associated with the development of some conditions such as atherosclerosis and other chronic diseases. Talk about this with your dentist and see what your options are.