I just wanted to post this here to thank alot of you for helping relieve some of my anxiety. I have been quit smoking now for 9 months (smoked for 15 yrs) and have done very well, however I have yet to cough anything up, and my chest aches on and off all the time. I was becoming VERY worried about it as I am also prone to anxiety attacks, I have been to my doctor who has very patiently tested me for EVERYTHING, all I have left now is a CT scan this Friday, but at this point my doc has said that it is just a formality and has ruled out anything that might be life threatening (Cancer, or heart issues) I was really getting scared until I came across here and saw that several other people have been feeling the same things I have.

Hello:
Try to get some relief from the fact that you are getting medical attention. If they rule everything out, try some natural stress relief techniques, i.e. yoga, exercise, hobbies, etc. Have you seen an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist). He/she might be able to consult you one some of the long-term affects that smoking can have on your throat. Educate yourself and find out what to expect from other smoke-cessation organizations. They will be very helpful, both emotionally and physically. Congratulations on your success with the smoking cessation. You are a winner...Let us know how things go for you.

Yeah, it helps to share the symptoms after smoking quit. I had chest tightness and acking lungs for months after I quit smoking. This forum provided me peace of mind, since others also have had similar symptoms.

Thumbs up to this forum and people who shares his/her past experience! :-D