Hi, I am 21 years old, and I have acne scars all over my face. It looks terrible, and I need to find a way to remove them. I would appreciate any suggestion and tip.

My daughter has the same problem. She doesn’t have acne any more, but her whole face is in scares, and she’s desperate about that. I am trying to find the best way to help her. I heard about some acne scars treatments, but their prices really surprised me. For example, dermabrasion for shallow imperfections is $1500, laser resurfacing for shallow imperfections is $3000, chemical peels for mild scaring is $750 and augmentation for deeper scars is $300-$700. Maybe I didn’t look on the right places, but this is ridiculous. However, if I don’t find anything cheaper, I will probably pay her some of those treatments. Beside that, I heard of some medications and skin care products that remove acne scars. You’re still very young, and you probably still have early scars. The redness or hyperpigmentation is not a scar, it is just the way of skin healing. It will probably last for 6-12 months. Only if it lasts longer than a year, it can be considered a scar.