I have had acne for seven or so years now, & with each year, it seems to only get progressively worse. I am literally the human pimple: i have acne, clogged pores, & acne scars all over my body. I literally get pimples everywhere, even on my hands sometimes, as well as my earlobes &... well, just everywhere.

I have tried what feels like everything; nothing works. I have been put on prescription acne drugs before, & they didn't work (they consisted of facial washes & creams, plus some pills. My (ex-?)dermatologist never seemed to listen when i told him i had acne everywhere, & only gave me face stuff). I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide; even the supposedly small amount in Proactive was enough to give me an allergic reaction. Nothing works. Especially since, i'm sure, once i've washed my face, i have to slather lotion on it, because once it's been touched by water, it dries out & is even more uncomfortable & more disgusting.

I definitely feel as though it is messing with my life. My body seems to be self-destructing without any help from me, & the acne is just one facet of this. Not only does it make me feel even lower-- i feel ugly all the time-- but it can also be painful if there's a pimple that lines up with one's bra, or the bridge of one's glasses. Sometimes i sit in the bathroom for minutes at a time picking at my skin, even though i know i shouldn't. So i also have quite a bit of scarring, thanks to that. If it's depressing to look at one's body & see nothing but pimples, it's only exacerbated when one touches a dark patch of skin & it's relatively smooth, meaning that it's a huge patch of scarring.

So i am at a complete loss. Absolutely nothing works, and i don't even have any clue as to why my body is acting the way it is, especially with regards to the acne. I've lost pretty much all hope at ever having nice skin & ever looking pretty in my entire life.

Sorry this is so long-winded. I'd appreciate any advice/feedback, though.

I'm really sorry to hear about all that.

Has anyone mentioned "Accutane" to you?

My acne was terrible and nothing worked for years until finally a derm told me about accutane.

I took it for 6 months and have been 99.9% zit free since '04 when I took my last pill.

Good luck, and don't lose hope.

I have the same problem. I have big smelly oozey disgusting pimples all over my body and i've tried everything there is imaginable to get rid of it to no avail. I'm sitting here steeping in my depression because i finally got up the courage today to finally see what my butt looks like and it's exactly how i imagined. I don't even know how my boyfriend can keep his dinner down when he sees it. I know you posted this a while ago, but i was wondering if you had finally found a solution. Hopefully you even read this.