I have had white headed pimples on my scalp for quite some time now. instead of giving you description of how they look, I have uploaded some pictures here.

You can see that my scalp is really red at some places. Eventually they will have white pimples popping out. I went to my doctor, and he gave me penicillin the first time. After taking penicillin I had an allergic reaction to it. So I couldn't take penicillin anymore. Then I went to a dermatologist. He gave me some pills and a shampoo and Dalacin T 1% (which I had to apply to my scalp) I took the medication for about 1-1.5 months, the acne seemed to go away but a little remain. But It soon came back a year later. I went to another doctor who gave me an organic shampoo and a medicine which I had to take 15 drops of, every day three times a day.

He asked me to take it for 15 days and that my head should be clear up. He also asked me to use only the organic shampoo and not any other shampoo like Head & shoulder. After 15 days. These are the pictures I took. Now I would like to know what I should do. I also get white pimples on my face. Most of them appear on the nose, and then at the chin or between the nose and upper lip. I am 20yrs old and really sick of this c**p. I would really like to know what can be done about this.

Try going to another derm for a second opinion.

They might prescribe you oral antibiotics to control the acne from the inside out.

In the meantime, you could try using a salicylic face wash, and a benzoyl peroxide cream.

I also have the same problem, I am using Selsun Shampoo with Cynomycin 100.

When i take this madicine, my scalp pimple gone, but after one month, it come back.

I have this problem for then five year.

Please any body suggest to resolve this problem.

bye

Use a salicylic acid peel. I suggest at least 20% concentration. I've had the same problem on scalp for over 3 years and acid peels are the only thing that will bring you significant relief.

I aslo have same problem ,Pls suggest after get any solutions

Whiteheads are a very normal type of acne. The should not be "popped" or touched in any way, because the act of opening up the bubble could cause infection and make things far worse - even leaving a scar.

I have also same problem last 4/5 year. I had started taking Isobest 20 it was stop but it is not permanent solution, it has side effect...... It is so irritating....... please some suggest medicine please please 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Hi

I've had gram-negative folliculitis for 7 years. It was caused by the doxycycline I was given during cold. The docs couldn't tell my what kind of folliculitis I had. I was put on Accutane for about 4 1/2 months and it fixed my acne and folliculitis. After doing some research I found out that gram-negative folliculitis is cured by Accutane and is caused by a reaction to antibiotics. Beware though! It ruined my life in a way. I fell sick while on Accutane. Accutane reduces your immune system ability to fight illness. When I fell sick, I contracted a severe virus that caused my thyroid to go crazy. I became hyper. My thyroid swole like a balloon. My Monocytes jumped from 5.4 to 14.1 in 3 weeks indicating severe viral attack on your system. Unfortunately  all my doctos missed it and kept on telling me I had an auto-immune attack on my thyroid. A month later I became hypo. I finally saw an endocrinologist who did an ultrasound of my thyroid to eliminate auto-immune, saw all my blood work and determined that it was caused by a virus.

I recently took penicillin and started getting breakouts in my hair again. :(

Be very careful with Accutane. It can cause a lot of bad things in your body and can surface auto-immune conditions. It is used in chemotherapy so it is a very scary drug. Here is some information about gram-negative folliculitis.

http://www.acnevulgaristreatments.org/gram-negative-folliculitis/

Nizoral is one of the good Sampoo..

Hey no dont use benzoyl peroxide. It has a bleaching effect unless your hair is already white, Salicylic acid is good it comes in gel,cream it will should help you out.good luck.