Woke up feeling a huge pimple forming on my forehead. It's right there where the nose ends and that bit under your nose and above your lips begins. Which makes even squeezing it hard. Can't really see it right now but can def feel it. What should I be doing to prevent it from forming a full blown ugly pimple with the pus and stuff? Can you help me suggest creams or a mask or something - please? I've got a date on Saturday and I really don't want to go looking like someone with a huge pimple. It's not attractive.

Save me!!!

OOOHHHH, I HATE IT when that happens. Really HATE IT. I'm 26 not 16. When you're a teenager they say that the stupid skin problems will be a distant memory by the time you're in your 20s but that just isn't true for everyone. It's not acne that I have, it's just those "teenage pimples". Not only does it look ugly and unprofessional, it also sometimes makes people think you're younger, like IDing you when you go buy drinks.

I've tried lots of different things to stop pimples that are just about to erupt. Toothpaste, hand sanitizer, tea tree oil, that anti-pimple stuff they sell, antibacterial soap, and even ice cubes. Does any of this work? The answer is SOMETIMES so for you right now that would be worth a try I'd say. If I'm desparate I just go squeeze the pimple. Makes it bleed and look even uglier but at least I can then use concealer and foundation without it finding its way through the layers of makeup. Of course everyone advises against that but hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

OK, I'm a bit confused here. Is your pimple on your forehead or on your nose above your lips? Sorry, but it would help if you could clarify. If it's near your lips, it could also be a cold sore. In that case it's best to get some Zovirax from the pharmacy and NOT TO SQUEEZE it.

If it's a pimple, here's what I do. It works for me, even if other people will totally disagree. Don't squeeze the pimple unless there is something to squeeze, even if you can already feel it. First I clean the area with some makeup remover, which also dries it out a bit. Then, I wash my hands very well. Then I start squeezing. Then, when all the goop is out, I clean the area with alcohol. Then I use an ice cube to prevent swelling. When the pimple is no longer oozing, then I apply some concealer and foundation. Works every time. You can hardly see it at all unless you know it is there.

So I'd advise you to make sure that you know whether you are dealing with a pimple or a cold sore first, because the two can feel a bit similar in the beginning stages. If you are sure it is a pimple, go ahead and do what I said.

Forget squeezing pimples, really! Applying a hot compress to your skin works much better than squeezing or applying ice in the long run. Don't forget that squeezing your pimples does have the potential to result in scar formation, something that you clearly want to avoid. Retin-A is one of the best things you can put on a forming pimple, followed by something like a bandaid or even a specialized acne patch to make it shrivel up. You can leave this on overnight to encourage your pimple to go poof. After that, though, for God's sake leave it alone! Do not squeeze. Your skin will thank you.

This is a question of 100 pimples, 200 opinions, LOL. I believe the official advice is to just cleanse it and leave it alone, perhaps putting a concealer over it, but not popping the pimple under any circumstances. It's not the end of the world. Everyone gets pimples occasionally so it's no big deal really, though obviously nobody wants them. My prime reason for beating the urge to pop them is that the mess it leaves behind is much more noticeable than the pimple was in the first place. Not only will those who are nit picky enough to see it know you had a pimple, they will also know you popped it.

I'm sorry to say it, but once you already have a pimple, there is nothing, and I do mean nothing, you can do to prevent it. It's already there. What you can do is prevent pimples in the future so you don't have this situation again. Well, you can try anyway.

Right, I hate to say this, but pimples often happen because your face is dirty. All kinds of stuff builds up on your face from makeup, dirt, dead skin cells, and oil to bacteria that really inflame your skin. Everyone should be washing their face twice a day with a good product. That doesn't mean relentlessly scrubbing your face with soap or washcloths. Don't do that or your pimples will only get worse. A proper face wash used in the morning and in the evening will do it. Do it when you brush your teeth. Also, wash your pillow case regularly. I am not saying you are more dirty than average because I don't know you. But well, these are the mistakes people make. And know that if you have long hair, the stuff you put in your hair also gets on your face, where you can really make a bad situation much worse.

Tea tree oil works magic on pimples - one study even found that it is just as good as benzoyl peroxide, which contains a boat load of chemicals. Tea tree oil comes from a tree and is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral, making it ideal for pimples. All you need to do is dab a drop of pure tea tree oil on the pimple three times a day and it will be gone in no time, without any side effects. This has been my go to solution for about 10 years now, and I am telling you it works like a dream.

For people who just get the odd pimple here and there, I would say that a gentle face wash in the morning and evening is quite enough. The worst mistake people make when they have a pimple that is about to break through is to touch their skin continuously, giving bacteria a chance to thrive. Because obviously you don't like the way the pimple looks, I would say putting concealer on it is the best choice. When you do that, it is not noticeable any more. And you will know that touching it will make the concealer come off so you will be more inclined to leave it alone.

1. Whiteheads can be a reaction to whatever you're using on your skin e.g. a heavy foundation or moisturizer - make sure they are oil free.

2. Massage your cleanser in for at least 30 seconds - concentrating on problem areas. 

3. An often overlooked tip  - wash your face before exercise. 

My pimples appear cyclically together with my menstruation or usually a few days before, then clear up in the first week of my cycle. It is frustrating and I wish I could find a treatment that would stop them from forming altogether, but I haven't. So what I do is to apply 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide as soon as I see the first signs. I don't squeeze my pimples ever, but I do sometimes poke a small hole in them with a sterile (burned with a lighter) needle to let some of the pressure and pus out .This is what I do. Anyone who has better ideas, I'd like to hear too :).

Hey, by the time you feel a huge pimple forming, it's already a little late to prevent it. No matter what you put on it, you'll have to sit that one out in some shape or form. The best thing you can do is to develop an anti-pimple strategy that will help minimize your risk of ending up with a "volcano" waiting to erupt on your face next time. Me, I like salicylic acid for that. It strips the oil right off your skin, declogs your pores, and then closes them up. Keep on using it regularly, and your pores simply won't get clogged, which means no whiteheads, no blackheads, no pimples. Yay!

I hate the feeling of an emerging pimple! You hate on the pimple, wanting to get rid of it, and wondering whether or not to squeeze it to get it over and done quickly. If you don't squeeze, that pimple will be the shining equivalent of a "look here" sign. If you do, a trail of blood and scarring might lie in its wake. What a dilemma!

Ultimately, I squeeze such things more often than not. If it is not squeezable yet, I stick some witch hazel on it, or if desperate anything else that might help, from vinegar to tooth paste. If it's on my forehead, I hide it with my hair. If not, tons of concealer are employed.

This is a displeasure everyone experiences from time to time. It sucks, but hey.

My fave tips for stopping pimples already rearing their ugly heads in their tracks!!!

- Boil some chamomile tea and apply some to a cotton pad. Press the warm, though no longer boiling, tea, directly onto the forming pimple. You infuse it with antibacterial agents and heat at the same time, which is a winning combo.
- Use an anti-pimple treatment such as retinol and cover the area, with the agent, with a band-aid while you are sleeping.
- Don't squeeze. Put lots of concealer on if you must, which may make things worse, but also reminds you not to squeeze and expose the pimple for all to see.

My teenage daughter uses dermalmd blemish serum immediately upon feeling a zit starting to form. Doesn't dry out skin and it almost instantly reduced redness. Very good product on those stubborn breakouts.