I am a mother of 4 months old baby. I noticed acne, like rash, on my baby’s forehead, cheeks and chin. I don’t know how that happened .The pimples are actually small , and first thing on my mind was measles but I am sure now that they are not. Please can somebody tell me what causes baby acne? How I should treat them? Does it hurt?
Worried mother

There are many things that can cause baby acne, by skin irritation for example, certain medication; the maternal hormones that are passed from you to your baby at the end of the pregnancy could also be the cause. If they look to you like rash it is maybe eczema. I rather recommend you not to treat them. As they on the forehead, cheecks and chin you can irritate them more and make it worse; you know how baby’s skin is sensitive. Avoid putting creams, lotions or oils just wash it with warm water. Baby acne usually clears up in a few weeks and they often don’t hurt. But just in case see your health care provider.