I'm utterly confused with my skin. I have a very oily T-zone, mainly with my forehead. I don't have severe acne, a few breakouts now and then, but nothing too bad. I've gotten in the habit of washing my face twice daily. I wash with a 3.5% benzoyl cream (neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask), followed by an oil controlling astringent (neutrogena clear pore) 2% salicylic acid. I don't apply a moisturizer because my skin doesn't get dried out that much. It just gets really oily. I have an acne treatment cream (10% benzoyl peroxide) which I use on my back and on my forehead, it's too strong for my cheeks, eeek) I also have acne pads maximum strength (2% salicylic acid) but I just don't know in which order to apply and if I should apply any.

My nose I've had problems with forever! I don't have blackheads, and I'm pretty sure they're not whiteheads, but my pores are rather large and they seem to be clogged. Nothing seems to work, at least what I've tried. I've used biore strips, masks, and whatnot, and I even squeeze the "junk" out of them (yes, I know this is bad for the skin...that I'm guilty of) I just want them to appear less apparent, if that makes any sense at all. And how to control my breakouts so I don't get them that bad and that often. Any help would be greatly accepted. Thank you.

Jacqueline

I would say EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE!!! That helps a lot! I have pretty bad acne on my cheeks and forehead, but on my nose not as much... I think exfoliation will help a lot. I use biore facial scrub. It's white with little blue "exfoliation beads." It really helps! :)

Get a facial bar soap that has tea tree oil in it.  Try Desert Essence brand, natural and works wonders.  Also use diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner. Jojoba oil to moisturize. Coconut oil is also a very good choice, organic and virgin. Try the natural approach, you may find it very beneficial. :)

Hi Jacqueline,
Something we need to remember is that when we wage a war on oil by using a whole bunch of oil free products/acne products, constantly scrub our skin and over wash our skin we’re stripping away the natural oil that our skin produces which our skin absolutely has to have. That sends our skin into panic mode and our skin starts to immediately produce more and more oil to protect itself. And what that does is start the cycle of you stripping away the oil on your skin and your skin desperately overproducing the oil it needs to protect itself and to function. By you using so many acne products to strip your skin you've kicked off a really vicious cycle because your skin is now constantly overproducing oil. That's led to the clogged pores, blackheads, enlarged pores and can lead to scarring, inflammation and right on down the road. So, by giving your skin the oil it needs your skin comes out of panic mode and normalizes its oil production, it stops the overproduction of oil and therefore the clogged pores and inflammation are also stopped.