Hi I am a 13 year old male and happened to stumble on this website looking for cures for my acne problems. I have a lot of acne on my face. I have a large amount of pimples on my forehead, a few under my nose, and a lot on my chin. Sometimes I get some on my cheeks or on my nose but this occurs rarely. At night, I wash my face with Dial soap, I apply a facial wash that contains benezoyl peroxide, and after that, I apply Stridex Pads Maximum Strength that contains Salicylic acid, then after ALL THAT I put on extra Clearasil on the bad/big pimples. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try the shots? Please help!

It just means that your acbe is "hard" to remove. Instead of spending so much money on all of those products, try Proactive:)

I also used to do the same thing for my acne with no results... The first thing u are doing wrong is using Dial soap. This soap is extremely acidic and removes all oil from your skin which sounds like its good but it is not. When u remove all the oil from your skin your glands try to compensate by producing even more oil... Naturally this only makes your acne worse. I have been to many dermatologists and the first question they always ask is, "what soap are u using?". Try switching to Dove as this soap is very easy on your skin. Also avoid products that will dry out your skin like stridex pads, Neutragena, or even clearasil.... Although these products say they are for acne in most cases they actually make it worse. Avoid all products with alcohol in them. And as painful as this may sound... Avoid drugs and alcohol... I know your underage but at that age I did more experimenting and drinking than I do now at age 25... Alcohol is excreted through your pores and this causes irration and inflammation. Marijuana causes huge ups and downs in testosterone levels which affects how much oil and sweat your skin produces. If all else fails... Ask you parents to take you to a dermatologist... It is worth the mild embarassment and sometimes they can put you on something that will permanently make your skin better such as Acutane... If not that than at least some antibiotics for a temporary solution until puberty completely passes and your hormones balance out.... As for me.... I started going to a dermatologist when I was 17 and had a clear face until I hit 23 and experimented with steroids briefly for body building... Naturally my skin has been a mess since then... Sometimes it clears for a month or two but the acne always returns.... Good luck.. Eat right... Stay away from drugs... You will see results I promise