Hello! I am 32 and am having problems with the obesity almost whole my life and now I was told that I need to try ear acupuncture. Could someone explain me what ear acupuncture has to do with obesity problems I always thought that regarding my problem those needles are about to be inserted on some else place of my body. So why I need ear acupuncture to treat my obesity and how it works anyway?

I treat my migraine headaches for years now using ear acupuncture. The fact is that ear area is actually an area where the acupuncture points are concentrated and are very near to our central nervous system so the treatment effects are believed to be very positive when it comes to ear acupuncture. Anyway around this area are placed acupuncture points that when treated with inserting those needles affect large number of our organs and therefore reducing the pain and treating for example mood disorders, obesity pain and many other conditions. And also there are some ear seeds or ear tacks that I am sure you are about to be advised to use if you decide to have an acupuncture treatment. And the main goal of using these ear seeds or ear tacks is actually to create a prolonged stimulation of acupuncture points. So those are kind of a small acupuncture needles that are inserted into the ear somewhere and stays there for couple of days. Anyway there is nothing to be afraid of I have tried it few times and I was going around without feeling anything.