I am supposed to have my first acupuncture therapy and my frequent headaches are the reason for that. I don't know nothing about acupuncture therapy but have decided to try it for my colleague claim it helped her in treating depression so would like to hear how acupuncture therapy looks alike and does it hurt?

No it doesn't hurt you would have those needles inserted without even feeling it-that much about acupuncture therapy pain. And it looks well strange but effective what is most important hear. I also treat my headaches with acupuncture therapy and this one is called ear acupuncture and it consists of inserting the needles on acupunctural point dispersed on outer ear area for it is believed it is the place with the most acupunctural points through which the acupuncture therapy is usually performed. I also regularly am having this acupuncture therapy that consists of ear seeds or ear tacks that looks like tiny and very small needles that are placed inside of the ear and stays there for couple of days. The goal of this acupuncture therapy is to provide prolonged stimulation of acupuncture points and therefore prolonged effectiveness of the therapy. And if you wondering how come you should go around with these needles in your ear - don't worry it feels like there's no needle!