Resident

Do other girls think age gaps are an issue? Is it okay for a 13 yr old girl  to date a 24 yr old guy? Leave aside all the laws and regulations, society and parents. 

Not really, it's really hard to leave out the law being that the law is the law and there is nothing we can do to change it as much as we may want to. Older men sometimes can manipulate younger girls. Like at my high school, some seniors will try to get with freshmen girls because they are like putty in their hands. Older guys can get a younger girl to do anything he wants. Especially if he's attractive. We're girls, we can't help who and what we find attractive.

Resident
As I said, leave out the law, society or parents.
Okay, say we leave out manipulation by older guys and disregard the fact that some older guys do manipulate younger girls. If that was not the case, would it then be okay for a 13 yr old girl to date and have a good productive relationship with a much older guy?
You see I am bringing this up because I had the most wonderful fulfilling relationship with a guy much older than the 24 yr old I am quoting, when I was 13ish. He was a gentleman, well educated, caring and so so perfect, well built, good looking, mature and so so cool and patient.
Yes we had a full on sexual relationship. I dont think this was manipulation but I did succumb to his desire for sex. I must say that I enjoyed that too.
I chose him because I wanted a man in my life, not a same age mummy's boy as a boyfriend. You see many girls love older guys and they should be able to choose who they want without the law/society/parents, interfering. I dont see the need for the law to be chaperoning our sexuality and who we decide to have a relationship with.
You know these days every single 13 yr old is aware, so aware of anything sexual. Girls love that mature influence in their lives and yearn for someone masterful to nurture and be there for them.
You are wrong about the law. We can change the law and should change the law and make sure the law evolves and keeps with the times.
Young girls are losing out because of the situation right now. We are left with a pool of older guys who are willing to break the law and take risks. Now these guys may not be the best guys. But thats what we are left with to choose from because the decent ones are too law abiding and dont want to be part of the pool we choose from. Can you see how we by our own fault and stupidity, generate a problem when there shouldnt be one and then we get the law to decide who we date and who we have a relationship with.