My boyfriend had his las joint on Fri 6th Jan (he is 36 and has been smoking since he was 14), and on the weekend, he was fine, Sunday night, before leaving my house, he was very loving and affectionate.  On Monday morning I woke up to some not so friendly sms's.  As the week  has gone on, no pot, and he has become very mean, and aggressive to me, telling me I am psycho, and that I belong in a psych hospital, and that  i need to get a job, but I have just had a a couple of brain operations in 2011, and i have not been giving the all clear.  And that he cannot handle a angry female like me in his life.  That is because i got a bit angry after all the put downs. he doesnt have much money, he has to save it for when he has his daughter this weekend, that is why he has not been having any pot or alcohol.   I have been seeing him for 4 mths and  he has been fine, but he has always had his pot and alcohol.  So when he gets paid next week, will he be back to the way he has been?  Will he be sucking back up to me?  It is all just a bit hurtful and confusing of how, within 12 hours, he has completely turned against me, and wondering if it would be the marijuana. 

Hi Eppie,

Has he been off just the pot or the alcohol too?  Both can do this.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he is experiencing withdrawal.  He has a substance abuse problem and needs help. 

Yes, more than likely he'll just get back to his pot and alcohol habit next week and be like he was.

I think it may have been both, because he had to save the little amount of money for when he gets his daughter this weekend.
so al the put downs and abusive msgs, and him telling me to get stuffed are due to the withdrawals. I just have to prepare myself for come next week if he starts sucking up to me, how to not give in.

these are very common withdrawal symptoms - it is very unpleasant living with someone like this. they behave like a monster to you. they may not be able to give up without help from their GP. their GP is where they must go first. The GP can open the door to many resources thet are available to help the addict. good luck. my son is the same - sometimes the abuse and unreasonableness is so bad you wonder whether they have a mental health problem. x