What is the difference between albinism and postinflammatory hypopigmentation? There is a guy at my work. I thought that he has albinism but one colleague told me that he has postinflammatory hypopigmentation. So, is he a sick? This is weird for me.

Albinism is rare autosomal recessive inherited disorders. Here, the melanocytes are present but do not form melanin. There are different forms, but the weirdest for me is tyrosinase-negative albinism. In this form the hair is white, the skin pale, and the eyes pink. And Postinflammatory hypopigmentation follows healing of certain inflammatory disorders, burns, and skin infections and appears in scars and atrophic skin. Even though pigmentation is reduced, the skin may not be ivory-white as in vitiligo. Spontaneous repigmentation may occur here. There is nothing weird about it. Come on, where did you lived so far?