Good day there. I forget to ask you some question. I just posted topic about endocarditis but I am so confused that I don't know what I am doing. Namely, my husband is convinced that he has problems with his heart and that he has endocarditis after he had his first and only silent heart attack. Now I want to know is this possible? That is why I need to ask you what are the causes of it and what are the best treatment options. He will know the results of the test in a couple of days. 

Hey there. I explained in your previous topic more about it, but I will tell you more in here. Endocarditis is usually caused by bacteria in the bloodstream multiplying and spreading across the inner lining of your heart or you endocardium. The endocardium becomes inflamed, and this is causing damage to your heart valves.

Your heart is usually well protected against some infection that can affect it, so bacteria can pass harmlessly by. However, if your heart valves are damaged or you have an artificial valve, it's easier for bacteria to take root and bypass your normal immune response to infection.

Hello. Well, here is what I know. Most cases of endocarditis can be treated with a course of some antibiotics that are prescribed by your doctor. You will usually have to go to the hospital, so in this case the antibiotics can be given through a drip in your arm.  So, while you are in the hospital, regular blood samples will be taken to see how well the treatment that your doctor set up for you is working. Once your fever and any severe symptoms subside, you may be able to leave hospital and continue taking your antibiotics at home.

Good day everyone. I know something about this disease because my aunt had it. She passed away three years ago. I remember that she always telling me that our heart consists of four chambers and four valves - these are lines with a thin layer of cells or so called membrane. Well, this membrane is called the endocardium. Infection of the endocardium is the main cause of the endocarditis. The infection is generally caused by the bacteria streptococci or staphylococci, but you also need to know that endocarditis can be caused by fungi or other infectious micro – organism. But that is very, very rare.

Yes, it is usually caused by bacteria and bacterial infection. Very often the culprit is one of many common bacteria that live in your mouth, your throat or in some other parts of your body actually. The offending organism may enter your bloodstream very easy and it can enter by the food that can allow bacteria to enter your bloodstream, especially if your teeth and gums are not healthy at all. On the other side, an infection or other medical condition also can cause endocarditis. Bacteria can spread from an infected area. Sometimes there is no way to prevent it.

Hello there. I have one of the endocarditis cases. I can tell you that most cases of endocarditis can be treated with a course of antibiotics. With simple medications you can be treated. Also, you'll usually have to go to the hospital, because sometimes they will need to give you an antibiotics through your arm. I had this experience and it is ok. I couldn’t drink medicines anymore so they decide to give it through the needle. Also, whenever you are having those antibiotics in your home, you should never avoid visiting your doctor because he needs to know how this therapy works.