I have noticed for awhile now that I experience a day or two of cold / allergy like symptoms just prior to the start of my period. Just before my period starts, the cold/allergy symptoms go away. This has gotten to be more than just frustrating since it shuts me down for a day or two each month.

I wanted to see if there are others out there that have experienced the same symptoms. Anyone know the cause or a good fix (vitamin, supplement, nutritional adjustments)?

Thanks!

Hi, I see that you posted this a long time ago!
But just in case you are still wondering about your symptoms, I experience the same thing.

For me I have experienced allergy/cold symptoms right before my cycle starts, and then once the flow does start my allergy like symptoms go away. I have experienced this since my period started.

No clue what really causes it. It could just be that your body's energy is lower during your period and that is the cause.

Hi i'm experiencing the same symptoms. A few checks on the the internet indicated that it may be a hormonal imbalance. You shoul do some more looking into it.

I experience just exactly the same symptoms you have, and I'm also wondering how a cold is connected to having a mentrual period. It's an irritating experience. I have been reading a lot to know why this happens everytime I'll have my period.

This happens to many women. This may be an over reaction of body to surrounding dust and this happens due to hormonal imbalance during that time. Consumption of warm water helps a lot in this situation.