I'm currently pregnant, and thinking about having an abortion......my doctor told me i am anemic.....i'm scared if i have an abortion something will happen to me. Or will i be ok?

I TOO am anemic, and I have had more than one abortion. I also work in an abortion clinic, and have a lot of info.

Anemia means that you will need to have a regular abortion, and not "Abortion by pill".

Abortion by pill causes a LOT more bleeding than surgical abortion, so it would not be the best choice.

Abortion is safe for anemic women.

As Icebreker said, anemia does not mean that anything will go wrong with the abortion, but surgical abortion is definitely the choice, because of the bleeding. Either way, you need to mention anemia when you go to clinic, so that doctor and nurses know about this. They will also be able to give you more specific advice on what to expect after the abortion. But, as long as they know, there shouldn’t any major problems.

In order to treat anemia, you will have to start taking the iron supplement because it’s iron deficiency that causes anemia, more in women than in men. Also, it will help you to eat more iron rich foods, such as read meat, spinach and beans, together with the prescribed iron supplement.

I am aemic , can i do abortion by pills..? if so whta wil be the side effect , wil i affect my health and leads to death..??

What are the risk in having surgery if I'm anemic

What are the risks of having an abortion by pill while being anemic?

You could bleed a lot, a few months ago I had an operation because after the pill I didn't stop bleeding chuncks of stuff came out of my body my intestines were ...... Hanging out. Gosh it was horrible i dnt wish this for anyone basically i eventually had an infection because of all that they had to clean my womb n fix my tummy . i could have died basically i ddnt knw the condition had conditions especially because it wasnt my first time

did you go to planned parenthood??

Hi.

I was refused an abortion because my iron levels are one marker below what they need to be to do the procedure. I'm now on iron tablets and have rebooked my termination for next week (one week later) I'm nervous about whether they will increase by then and if not I see you say you work in a clinic is it possible for you to let me know what will happen in the case my levels are below the normal level again. I'm emotional drained by the wait already.

Many thanks.

Dear, I don't quite know your situation, but all I can say is that it wouldn't be wise to abort. There are other options out there for you and your child. 

Well I've tried to abort already a few times with this pregnancy, but because I'm severely anemic nobody will do the surgical or any type of abortion and I'm taking the iron pills myself!

Which clinic did you have yours at

Okay, I know this situation is difficult and probably even terrifying for you, but an abortion really wouldn't be a wise thing to do. Sometimes after an abortion, a woman could regret it (if you look up silent no more, you'll find testimonies from women who regret their abortions.) Instead of aborting, go see your local crisis pregnancy center. They have free ultra sounds, people who can help you figure out your options and what to do with the child, and provide free resources like diapers and bibs. 

My two cents to all women thinking about it is that many years later, I still remember the pain from the procedure. I remember crying from physical and emotional pain during the procedure. Not sure if the anesthesia took longer to hit my system or what but I did feel it. It felt as if they were breaking me from the inside. I still have nightmares and dreams of what my baby would have been like. Seventeen years have passed and I will never, never forgive myself for doing so. It still hurts and I will always regret doing it. Think of other options girls; don't kill your babies.

She should do what she wants with her body