Yesterday I was sitting im my garden when I suddenly come over feeling incredibly dizzy and the garden was spinning for a couple of seconds, I got up and went into my kitchen and had a glass of water. I started freaking out felt like i was gonna pass out, i had a nose little nose bleed, I was shaking, heart was pounding and my pulse was racing, my throat felt like it was closing up and had a lump in it. After about 15 minutes of trying to calm myself down I had an upset stomach and I was close to being sick. 1 hour later I was left with a banging headache and pressure in my head. I still don't feel myself today, im going to see doctor tomo but wanted to find some info out on here first, please help!

Hi Kerry: I want to ask this question 1st! Have you been ill with a cold or the flu lately. Including anything with your ear or sinus?

The reason why I am asking this 1st is that there are a LOT of people all over the world who are suffering from an inner ear thing. I have had many friends and aquaintences who have had this dizzzy feeling and "stuffed" ear feeling! Some people on here think they were having a panic attack, and at 1st I thought so too. But I really started questioning it after they all seemed to have this "bad ear" and dizzy feeling. So just wondering before going into panic attack symptoms.

bambi27 wrote:

I had a cold a few months back and my right ear had an infection. I get alot of pressure in my head from time to time and a popping/ cracking sensation in my head which worries me. I have been feeling ok for a few weeks and suddenly this happens a couple of days ago which scared the hell out of me. The doctor has said I am suffering from anxiety so it may just be that. Just wanting some advice.

Could be a combination of things, inner ear infection, anxiety, a pending bug, allergies etc. Could be a drop in your blood sugar. Did you have sufficient nutrition that day? I know there are times when i just forget to eat and i just drink coffee, (black) along about noon, i get the same symptoms that you described.
It could be an inner ear disturbance, which totally throws off your equalibrium and makes you feel like you had one to many cocktails.
An anxiety attack makes one panic and become frantic. Hyperventilation usually comes with a panic attack which would make you feel like throwing up, as your gulping to get a full breath because your feel panicky, your taking in a lot of air which could make you feel like your going to puke.
If this hits again, breathing into a brown paper bag will help if it is a panic attack.

Hi Kerry: What you explained to me about having an ear infection is TOTALLY what is happening to so many people right now. I'm not saying that you don't have anxiety, but your symptoms match so many people I know AND on here!!! One lady I know was sick well over a month ago and STILL has the dizziness and ear crackling etc. Can I ask why your doctor thinks it's anxiety?

bambi27 wrote:

A similar thing happened to me about 5 months ago and I haven't felt completely right since. Had a number of wierd symptoms, constant headaches, feeling tired and low mood so I guess thats why he thinks its anxiety. I am a worrier but I think its only been brought on by the fact that I haven't felt well FOR SO LONG and its driving me crazy not knowing what is making me ill. I have a doctors appointment today so hopefully I will get some answers maybe. My right ear does that crackling thing all the time, I have said that to the doc but he just said its the joint clicking, im not really too sure what he meant.

Ok! I'm NOT a doctor but I'm pretty sure when you have crackling in your ear it is a sign of crust from infection and water underneath the ear drum!!!! THUS the reason why you hear it!!!! When you said you don't feel right in what way? I have another thought, just want to hear your symptoms 1st. To tell you the truth - from a person who has suffered badly from panic/anxiety - this doesn't sound like anxiety. I mean worry is a part of anxiety but also we worry when something feels wrong right? So let me know the symptoms and perhaps we can take it from there OK?

bambi27 wrote:

Ok! I'm NOT a doctor but I'm pretty sure when you have crackling in your ear it is a sign of crust from infection and water underneath the ear drum!!!! THUS the reason why you hear it!!!! When you said you don't feel right in what way? I have another thought, just want to hear your symptoms 1st. To tell you the truth - from a person who has suffered badly from panic/anxiety - this doesn't sound like anxiety. I mean worry is a part of anxiety but also we worry when something feels wrong right? So let me know the symptoms and perhaps we can take it from there OK?[/quote

The thing that doesn't feel right is my head. I suffer alot with bad headaches, pressure in the head, shooting pains in the head, i get this strange popping sensation in my head, also all my teeth hurt and they throb, the crackling in my ear. Im confused as to what it is, i just don't seem to be getting anywhere with my doctor and everytime i go back he just prints more things off to do with anxiety.
The other thing is that i was on the pill injection for nearly 2 years, i was perfectly healthy before i went on it and it seems i have been worse every time i had the next shot. I know you can get alot of horrible side effects from it. I came off of it on the 24th june.

You know what Kerry?! I truly believe you do NOT have anxiety and you DO need to find another doctor!!! I just did a bunch of research on your symptoms it came up with migraine associated vertigo here's the link:

http://index.boards.com/innerear/700670/bppv-message-board/

http://index.boards.com/innerear/

check the out see if it fits you

bambi27 wrote:

http://index.boards.com/innerear/

check the out see if it fits you

Thank you very much for your help. It does sound quite similar to what i have been experiencing. I had another bad headache today, dizziness and that strange popping sensation. It scared me so mcuh that I broke down crying and my boyfriend was really worried. I am going to go see a different doctor.

It's really unusual when you ask a different person and they do some research! ACTUALLY today I've been diagnosed with a rarer syndrome than what I was originally diagnosed with!!!!! It just took a different doctor, he asked me "Have you had ...?" "Did you ever experience ...?" And each time I said YES! And finally ALL the pieces of not only my life but my children too have come together. The only thing I want you to remember is this? Just like how I looked up this syndrome they give you EVER scenario - even the worst most rarest forms of the certain illness, so just keep that in mind as you come across certain websites and "information" You will have people on there, that are SUCH hypochondriacs that they will scare the living daylights out of you. They are saying the most OUTRAGEOUS and UNREAL comments and they HAVE to be taken with a grain of salt. So just research SOME of this OK! And if it fits, then YOU can go to the doctors and say "I think I have ......" Also Kerry, if you get a severe migraine again have your boyfriend take you to the hospital, and tell them about your symptoms, they can help you. My husband has a thing called "Cluster Migraines" they don't happen all the time, but when they do!!!!!!! And they come together and then go! And each time the hosptial says to come there immediately so you do the same OK? Forget that couldn't be bothered old doctor and move on and get better OK? Good luck hon and please let me know how you are doing and if I can help you anymore OK?

bambi27 wrote:

Thank you. I will definately let you know how i am getting on. Your advice has been a great help!

Kerry24 wrote:

bambi27 wrote:

Today I have been doing some research on migranes and its definately very similar apart from the popping sensations in get in my head. I am going to see a different doctor on monday. I think the anxiety comes after i feel like there is something not right with my headaches. Thx again.

Actually Kerry: If you look at one of those symptoms it says cracking/popping in ear!! Actually says it on several of them. And TOTALLY agree with you about feeling axious about something that is weird!!! Let me know, Actually I have passed this site on to several other people on here with the EXACT same symptoms so something is going on!!!

Hi Kerry! It looks like it's been a few days since you last posted on the issue and you had said that you were going to be talking to your doctor about this. Can you let me know how that went for you? THanks!