I've been going to the gym for two weeks now and I've been doing cardio one day and weight training the next. I try to keep my BPM atound 120-130 and I do the cardio for about 45 minutes with a cool-off period of about 10 minutes.

Thing is, I've gained three pounds since I joined. I currently weigh 295.

Hmm, that is odd. You would think that you'd lose weight.

You could be gaining muscle mass. If you aren't losing weight, check if you're losing inches. If you're losing inches, then you're probably doing just fine and getting the results you're looking for.

Also, if you're active like you are, you're probably drinking a lot of water. (If not, you should. Drink 20% more than half your body weight in ounces of water a day. Yes, that's a lot, but that's what you need.) If you're drinking more water, you retain that water. That kind of water retention isn't bad. In fact, it's good for anti-aging.

I agree that your probably gaining muscle mass and not fat. i had the same problem earlier in my career, i hit th egym hard and started getting good results as far as sculpting the muscles, but i gained weight in the end.