Hi, I am 13 years old, I am 5 feet tall and weigh roughly 105-110 lbs.(It varies). I know you may not think this is fat but I really want to lose some weight, I want to be at most 100, anything from 95-100 lbs. would be great. I don't want my parents to know I am trying to lose weight though, I exercise a lot, I dance for 8 hours every week, so I have a lot of muscle in my legs. My waist is about 25 inches as well. Anyone have any good suggestions for diet plans, and I think I'm fat, am I? Any help would be great!

Actually your weight is just about right for a 5' female. Another thing to consider is that muscle is heavier than fat. I do not think that you are fat.

Another thing to consider is that at 13 you are still developing. Your body shape is going to change.

Why don't you want your parents to know?

Well, I feel like they would freak and then know that I think I'm fat, which I don't want them to know...

I can understand that.

Still, at 13 you need to eat well balanced meals for proper nutrition. You are growing, that takes a lot of energy on top of what you are spending dancing.

You are not fat.

I still think I am though...the problem is I eat way to much, is there a way to make myself eat less? Or do I just have to really try... >.<

It's actually common for teens to feel they are fat. It's partly a problem with our media and all the images of really skinny people you see, sickly thin actually.

One thing you can try is to drink a full glass of water before your meals, it will fill you up so you eat less. Cut out your snacks. Cut back on bread. No fast food. Salads are great, but watch the dressing.

And eat breakfast. It's true, it actually boosts your metabolism and you'll burn more calories in a day.

No bread? Aw, I love bread :-( I don't eat fast food, and I don't eat breakfast, I literally can't eat until 9, and by then I am already at school :

Well, thanks for your advice! You really helped! :-)

Guest listen to Dan - you are not fat. Non-scientific answer is a "woman's defect". Almost every girl looks in a mirror and sees something she does not like. Like he said it is the media today and all of the advertising. If you can, consider a withdraw from the magazines (all photos are edited) and cut back on TV shows (no good relationships). If you are athletic like you say then your muscle will be heavier than fat.

Here is a non-mirror test to determine if you are actually fat. If you can tense your muscle area and not have a sagging area, you are fine. Tighten a body area and see if you are still squishy. If not, then you are probably more healthy than most people. Your body will change and develop into a woman. The portions will redistribute too.

Watch the portion sizes and eat the amount you need to stay fit, not stay alive. Keep a positive attitude about yourself through life. You are doing fine.

Well, I have been gaining weight this year, at the beginning of the year I weighed about 95, but I gained about 10 pounds! I can't see it though, I don't look any fatter, I am really confused, is this normal?

Yes, its normal. You're 13, you're growing. You are building muscle mass in your body. Muscle, for the same size, weighs more than fat does. That's why some people working out wonder why they are gaining weight, its because they are gaining muscle mass.

Your body is changing, rapidly. You may not notice but those who don't see you often will be amazed at the changes.

I totally get ya' girl!!!  Good luck:<3<3

meee tooo exactly!i do have alot of muscle in my legs from dancing for fun and running everyday!i weighed about 110 i just started getting over 100 and it feels terrible!in the morning for breakfeast my mom got me ovaltine. its chocolate powder that feels u up good and u put milk in a cup with the ovaltine and stir.it has 25 vitamins and protein!if u do ovaltine 2 a day and exercise daily u can loose 5 to 10 pounds!i did it and i weigh 98lbs!makes me sooo happy!ovaltine is about 4 dollars!make sure to eat fruits and vegtables to!hope this helps!

soo true bout media