Holy c**p. After reading a few books I decided that I'd just try to use what EVERYONE was saying because if people were agreeing on things I figured it had to be what was working. Well all the way back on July or there abouts I was at 21% to 22% body fat. I weighed about 180 and I am 6'2". So I was average. Kinda skinny (Skinny fat as I call it), but also not very lean. Well on Sep. 30th I was down to 14% (164 lbs). That's about 15 pounds I lost. Now today not even a month later I'm down to 10% body fat(158.5 lbs). The system that worked best for me is in Body Sculpting Bible For Men. After losing all that fat and gaining some good muscle tone I'm still at 142 (add a bunch of .234234 digits to the end) lean mass. I'm almost to my goal of 6% to 8%. I think I can get there way before Christmas (that was my goal). Then I'm on to gaining a good 30 pounds of lean muscle. A big part of this (which I started about the same time I was measured at 14%, was running a mile every morning. Running is the hardest thing in the world for me. I dunno know why. Maybe it's the gene's or something. It's just an up hill battle for me and I run on the flat. It's getting easier and I'm greatful for all the help of everyone here. You're all great. So I'm hoping this can help someone with their goals. Oh and on a side note, I didn't use a single weight loss pill or any real supliments. Just protein shakes to make sure I didn't accidently get rid of muscle. That's it. Just regular food. Well thanks again everyone.

Congrats! Great progress. Think that book would work for women too?

10% body fat is very good! Congrats. In my experience - To go any lower, you have to have an extremely strict diet/workout plan.

Remember that adding muscle mass is not necessarily the same thing as lowering your body fat. Often times, those two goals work together. But you have different phases when it comes to body building - adding mass, cutting, maintainence, etc.

Good luck with your training.

Prolly the wimmins version would.
It's called - Wait for it - The Body Sculpting Bible for Women!
:P

And congratulations afipunk, your hard work paid off I'm sure!

It's tough to get below 10%, and it does require intense attention to diet and exercise. I am at 6-7% depending on season, and it took lots of work. I am 6' and 160lbs and I watch my food intake carefully and do at least 120 minutes of strenous cardio 5-6 days a week. I am an ectomorph and luckily I have no desire to build muscle mass. I do weight training in the winter, but with no intentions of building size.

I am glad to hear that some people are not using drugs to enhance their efforts to lose/gain weight. At the gym, I see both steroid monsters and caffiene-waifs.

Glad to hear that you're doing so well, and remaining motivated despite your poor experience with running. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your running, hopefully it will become less painful for you. Are you running on pavement?