Hey everybody I just wanted to hear some opinions about the topic of smoking pot and working out. I am a 19 year old male just starting college and I smoke weed everyday I treat it much like people who have a beer after a long day. I enjoy weed very much but I'm wondering if it can actually be detrimental to losing weight and gaining muscle. p.s I work out 7 days a week with moderate cardio and high catabolic workout (I'm trying to lose weight) I don't want to know about habits, because my motivation is fine, lets hear some science. Thanks guys.

Smoking cannabis and working out is fine, It will help open your airways and allow you to breath more easy (as long as you don't smoke a whole blunt to yourself.) On the other hand it might make you more spaced out and you could spend more time thinking than actually working out. I don't think it has much effect on gaining or loosing muscle. I have been smoking for 10+ years and I don't really ever work out anymore and I still stay in shape as long as my diet is healthy. Cannabis has many benefits, and you can get the most of of it if you ingest it instead of smoking it.  Also, for working out and having good energy and focus, check out Yerba Mate Tea, it Rocks for working out among other things! Take care....

If you're looking to increase your aerobic fitness through cardio, smoking pot may not be the best idea. The smoke will undoubtedly cause irreparable damage to the lungs and limit the supply of oxygen to the body.