Hey everyone, I've just heard that anticipation, smell & taste stimulates insulin secretion. I find that interesting. Does that mean that if I think about food that that will make me secrete insulin. Gee, I can do that all day long. I can understand that smell and taste could possibly stimulate insulin secretion but I didn't know that anticipation could. Is this really true even though my pancreas isn't producing that much insulin to begin with? I guess it makes sense since I know if I think of pop corn my mouth begins to water and that is my nervous system doing that. Anyone have any comments on this one?

Hello, I had heard that anticipation, smell and taste stimulate insulin secretion a long time ago from my doctor but I didn't think much of it at the time. But, I guess you're right in that you could possibly think about food a lot and that would increase insulin secretion. I think I'll have to try that and see if it works. I guess I could check my blood sugar levels after I eat and see if my blood sugar levels stay more normal. Gee, that would help to some extent because my blood sugar levels are a little too high after I eat sometimes. I guess I could psych myself out and practice on that. Have you actually tried anticipation yet? Or are you just thinking about it. Maybe both of us could give this a try. Then we could compare records and see what we get. This would actually lower the amount of insulin I need and that could carry over into the long haul. I'm really excited about this. I can't wait to try it. Maybe we should get in sync with each other and make it a contest. I hope to hear from you soon so we can get started on this. Maybe we could publish something about it. That would really be cool.