Hi everyone,

I need some help. I remember that I had trouble with anxiety when I was younger but not as much as I have today. My self esteem was at least good some time ago, but now I feel that I am losing that too, day by day I feel smaller compared to other people.

My anxiety is getting worse and worse every day and I started having these panic attacks two months ago. At least I had a normal sex life but now I feel like anxiety and these panic attacks are completely destroying my libido. I would really appreciate any kind of advice here.

Hey Health n Joy,

I had some mental problems myself and I know that this isn't easy. I have a husband who stood up with me when I had my depression period and I was in a similar situation as you are now, we didn't have sex in four months during this period. I am really lucky that he was by my side during that time and he really helped me through it. The best advice from me would be that you take a close look at what you are being anxious about and then see what you can do about it.

Hi Health n Joy,

Guest is right, anxiety can affect your libido and it can affect you in a thousand more ways. It's one of the worst things that can happen to a person if you ask me. As long as you have anxiety, I don't think that you will be able to change how you feel. These new feelings that came along with anxiety won't go away until you get rid of anxiety, maybe some of them will, but the odds for that are quite small. You need to snap out of it, it ain't easy, that's for sure, but you can do it.

At least now I know that anxiety is the one responsible for destroying my libido. I wasn't quite sure, I thought that there was a chance that I actually lost interest in my partner which I really love and I hated myself because of that thought. 

I think that I have someone who is going to be by my side during this period, too. I understand now how much that means to me after your post, Guest. I'll try to snap out of it, I'll go to those group meeting and whatever else it takes to get better and to get back to my normal life.

Hello everyone.

My ex – boyfriend had this problem as well. I hate when I remember it. Well, he had those panic attacks and he didn’t want me or anyone else to help him. Maybe that was the reason why we broke up in the first place. Well, the anxiety and panic attacks usually can take away (from those who suffer) interest in their partners. That was the case with him. He didn’t have energy at all, and the one more reason is that stress because of this can also cause fatigue and irritability.

It is good that you are having a normal sex life, because trust me – that is awful when it’s not working, when you know the reason and you can't do anything to help.

Hi everyone,

I happen to have the same problem. You are lucky since you have someone to stand by your side, it seems like everyone I've known have abandoned me. I had a boyfriend, we didn't date for long but when he saw the mood that I'm mostly in, he decided to run away. Well, I kind of understand him, I think that I might have done the same thing so I am not the right person to blame him. I'm starting to think that there is no way out of this. I'm all alone and lost and I don't see the point of anything anymore.

Good afternoon everyone. Since I had a lot of problems with this - with destroying libido, I can talk a lot about it. I am very, very jealous person and that was one of the main things that caused panic attacks in my case. I was sure that my husband is cheating on me, since he has a job where he travels a lot. Well, one day when he was at his business trip, I woke up and I started to have abnormal panic attacks. Little by little, my libido was cracked totally. Everything is OK now, but I still have destroyed libido and I don't know how to fix this. Anyway, yes it is a huge possibility that anxiety and panic attack are destroying libido.

Hey. I totally understand what you are going through. I am having problems with depression, anxiety, and destroyed libido as well. I don't know why, I don't have answer on it since I have normal and good life.

Look, my advice is to seek for doctor's help. It is not shame when something like this happens. Like I told you, I don't have a reason to have all those panic attacks that I am having, but I do have them and I have decided to seek for professional help. Doctor prescribed some medicines for me and I am dealing with my current problems pretty fine...so far. 

Good day folks. It can be really bad and awkward. I didn't have problems with it, but my husband has problems with his libido since forever. This all has changed when he changed his company where he was working. At his old company he was the "main guy" there, but this all has changed in the new one because his working colleagues were much longer there. I was telling him that this doesn't matter but he didn't want to listen to me. He started to be stressed and very soon he was diagnosed with anxiety. Those panic attacks that he had were really bad and his libido was crashed. Now he is feeling much better because he was talking with his psychiatrist but he still has some libido issues.