Hey all.
First off, I'll just give you a quick rundown of what's happened to me in the past 2 years, so it can help you judge a bit better.
August 2008 - My parents split up.
February 2009 - My 21 year old brother died.
Roughly between March - July 2009 - My mother, brother and I were stalked by her psycho ex boyfriend.
Though in this time (April) I found a guy who I genuinely thought was the one (we'll call him 'D'). I started leaning on him for support. As if he were.. I suppose my rock.
Around March 2010 D and I broke up. (11 month relationship, he was my first kiss.. everything else to go with it. I loved him, still do. He means a lot to me.)
But over the past.. 2 or so months D has been making my life very difficult.
See, I have been diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorders. Depression is a possibility but unconfirmed. I also suffer from a LOT of stress.
And D has been putting a lot more stress on me and pushing me to cry almost every night.
Over the past few months I have self-harmed , via cutting , and had suicidal thoughts.
I will admit, I've tried to hang myself twice, and tried to cut into my artery once. But we won't go into those details.

Now, yesterday when I was having a smoke I was fine. But I put the smoke out and started feeling very strong nausea. I coughed pretty hard and almost threw up. I was very, very shaky, but not cold. I had a lot of trouble breathing in the sense I couldn't breathe but was not hyperventilating.
I came inside, and sat on a chair but these symptoms still kept up.
I did feel a little freaked out about the fact D is never going to be with me again, and I can't get over him :'(

Anybody know what this is?
And know what I can do to fix it?

Sorry that it's so long and boring lol

Tiffler wrote:

Hey all.
August 2008 - My parents split up.

I did feel a little freaked out about the fact D is never going to be with me again, and I can't get over him :cry:

Anybody know what this is?
And know what I can do to fix it?

Sorry that it's so long and boring lol

Sweetie,
I am so sorry for all that you are going through. It is really hard, and I do know how it feels. I have had a lot of things happen to me when I was younger, my mom died of cancer, my brother was diagnosed with schitzophrenia, my dad abandoned me and my brothers, and I have had a lot of health problems.
I also remember being in love with a boy who I thought was the love of my life. He hurt me numerous times, and just like you, thought I would never get over him.

I think back at my life then, and feel like it was all just a dream.
I am now married to a wonderful man and couldn't be happier. We will share our 7th wedding anniversary this October. Life can get better, but you have to help yourself.

I remember when I was going through all of my troubles, I had so much pain, so much anxiety, just as you describe having, but
I promise that if you keep your head up and work at it, this will pass. Time really does heal, but the key is to not let your self fall. You are in charge of the outcome of your life.
Let me ask you a question:
Is the way you're feeling making your life better? I am assuming your answer is, no.

I had felt my self falling deeper and deeper into depression. I felt as if a dark cloud was following me everywhere I went.
I hated the anxiety and depression that haunted me. I didn't like the person I was becoming, so I started listening to Tony Robins at 18, then, I started reading self improvement books, but the real peace came when I put my trust in God.

I suggest only hanging out with positive people. Go for nature walks. Get a productive hobby. All of these things helped me, but like I said, the change has to start within your self. If you have a negative thought, replace it with a positive one. Don't allow yourself get down. I am now 29 and feel so much inner peace. When I was in my teens, I thought my life was over. It's never to late. Being positive is contagious and I know you can get passed this.
I do suggest you talk to a counselor, or a loved one about your suicidal thoughts. This world needs you, and when you get passed this, you can share your story with someone in need and use it to encourage them. Best Wishes

Quote:

Sweetie,

Let me ask you a question:

Hey, thanks for the reply.
First off, I'm glad you got through all your troubles, it's really hard, and good to know there might still be a little hope.. :|

But in all honesty, I know it may sound silly because of me being so young, but I 100% believe this guy is The One.
I don't want to be with anyone but him, and I'm very scared of him being with anyone but me. It just doesn't seem right somehow.. :cry:

Quote:

I suggest only hanging out with positive people.

This one is a little tricky because, recently I've lost almost all my friends. And I have trouble thinking positively.
At this moment, my ex has blocked me on MSN , Steam and Bebo.
He keeps telling me he hates me, never wants me back, all this stuff to bring me down. When I block him to stop him saying it, he blocks me and tells me to get out of his life.
If he says something horrible and I fight back, he blocks me.
I can't win! What should I do about this?

Sigh sorry to go on about nothing, but I'm in a real down mood at the moment and my heads all fuzzy. Can't think of anything to say.
My friend from another city is coming up next week for a while. He's going through the same thing I am with his ex. So hopefully it'll have a positive effect.
Until then I'm not sure how to keep my chin up.
No offence, I'm not into the whole christian/god thing. I was brought up to not believe in that stuff.
What other ways are there to find peace?

Again, I'm sorry for going on.
But thanks for your reply.

Tiffler wrote:

Quote:

Sweetie,

Let me ask you a question:

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Quote:

Again, I'm sorry for going on.
But thanks for your reply.

HEY,
I PROMISE, I thought that my ex was the guy for me. I was 100% sure then as well. He treated me like c**p, but there I was, trying to make it work all the time. I was with him from 16 to 21yrs old. WAY TOO LONG. When we would fight because he cheated, or when he would hurt me because he didn't want me, I felt miserable. I was nauseous all the time. Everything made me want to throw up. I couldn't eat, or sleep, and I felt my life was over. I also hated it when I was dating my ex and people would tell me that he wasn't the guy for me. IT WAS TORTURE to hear because I felt they just couldn't understand my undying love for him. I thought I was going to change him into the perfect boyfriend and that one day he was going to start treating me the way I deserved.
So I understand where your coming from. Let me tell you what happened to me. I dated this loser for 5 years, and within those five years he treated me like dirt, with some random good moments. Then, as I was dating him, my husband tried to pursue me. I saw what it felt like to be wanted. I wasn't the one doing the chasing anymore and I just grew up. I ended up braking up with him for my husband, and the tables turned. He stalked me, and begged me to marry him apologizing for all of the things he had put me through. I looked at him while he was proposing at my school campus (because he stalked me), and I wanted to laugh in his face. I felt nothing for him, and hated that I had spent all those years of my precious time on him.

Sweetie, you can't say this guy of yours is 100% the guy for you if he is obviously thinking that you are 100% NOT for him. I promise, this will pass! I have been there. 5 years is a long time, so you have to know that I am talking with experience. I am now almost 30 yrs old and have been married to my Prince Charming for almost 7yrs. Trust me he is amazing. You will know what true love feels like when it is reciprocated and your not the only one doing the loving.

I think you need to take charge of your life NOW! Know that you have to find happiness within yourself. YOU MUST NEVER DEPEND ON OTHERS TO FILL THE VOIDS IN YOUR LIFE! You can't say that your happiness depends on this guy because it doesn't. My happiness doesn't depend on my husband either. Although I love him, and he does make me happy, I had to learn to be happy within my self.

When you look at the world around you, you will see that there are so many other people who have it much worse. I used to think that all I went through was misery, my mom's 10 year battle with cancer, my brother's sickness, my dad leaves, Now, Lyme disease, and the list keeps piling on, but I watch TV and I see people in Africa Suffering, Drug Addicts that live in the streets, children who lose both parents, Afghanistan, our soldiers and their families; there is always someone going through a situations that may be so much worse, and that snaps me back into reality. I count my blessings. I have used my Lyme disease to write a blog to hopefully help other lyme sufferers. My mom's cancer made me want to volunteer at a children's cancer hospital. My brother's illness helped me have compassion for the homeless, my struggles helped shape who I am today and the lessons you learn through your tough times are priceless, but you have to want to move forward and you have to want to learn.

Seriously, do you really want to know how to find fulfillment and happiness? Help those in need. Go feed a homeless person. Volunteer. Give of yourself. Then, you will see that there is so much more to this life than you know. You will see things in a different light. I know all of this sounds corny, and I hope your not to young to understand, but when we get out of just thinking about our selves, when we take a step back and let go of our selfish nature (which I had to learn, and I'm still learning to do) life is so much better.

How old are you anyway?
I will be happy to chat with you when you need me. You have a friend in me. :)

-Cristina

acgonzalez wrote:

HEY,

How old are you anyway?

-Cristina

Hey there Cristina!
I'm 15, and I do understand where you're coming from.

Quote:

Sweetie, you can't say this guy of yours is 100% the guy for you if he is obviously thinking that you are 100% NOT for him.

I thought a lot about this and I've decided.. It's been 2 months and he still doesn't want me. Last night he told me never to speak to him again. What's the point in dwelling on one guy who only makes me feel bad, right? (:

As for helping those in need, I'm not sure where to begin?

-Tiff

Tiffler wrote:

acgonzalez wrote:

HEY,

How old are you anyway?

-Cristina

Hey there Cristina!

Quote:

-Tiff

Hey Tiff,
I just want to say that although I don't know you that well, I know you want to change. I know this because you got on this forum and asked for help. You unknowingly had already taken the first step to a more satisfying future. You knew that everything that you were feeling was not quite right. All of the negative emotions, all of those negative thoughts. That is not who you are! You are better than that! Look at the way you express yourself. Your writing abilities exceed any 15 year old that I know. You are a bright and talented young lady.
I know the way he is treating you hurts a lot, but it will pass. Now, it is time to take a step forward and not look back. Getting your self involved in a positive way to help your community will empower you to do so many more wonderful things with your life. You will meet positive and loving individuals who will complement who you really are. If you want me to help you start, I will. Let me know the city you live in and I will find some organizations that you can help volunteer your time to. I want you to find out a little more about me also so that you know I sincerely want to help you. Do you have a facebook account? You can find me through my email
I also have that blog that I told you about:
Let me know if you want me to help start...
Your Friend,
Cristina

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

acgonzalez wrote:

Hey Tiff,
Your Friend,
Cristina

Hey again Cristina.
Unfortunately the moderator removed your email, so if you'd like to add my Facebook account, search Tiff Askew. My page is the only one that comes up. :shock:
But yes, I would like you to help me start.
I've already taken a couple of steps in the (hopefully) right direction. I've deleted and blocked him everywhere that I can think of, just so he can't come crawling back. I've decided - he chose for it to be this way, now he must face the consequences of losing me.
I hope you agree this was the right choice :?
Look forward to chatting some more !
I live in Christchurch, New Zealand , by the way.
Tiff

Tiffler wrote:

acgonzalez wrote:

Hey Tiff,
Your Friend,
Cristina

Hey again Cristina.
Look forward to chatting some more !
Tiff

Hey! You caught me right before going to bed. I am actually in Japan, but my home town is San Diego, Ca. I just added you to my facebook. I am so proud of you Tiff and yes, that was the right thing to do. You are such a wonderful girl, and I will start my research for your volunteering asap. YAY!!!!!! I couldn't be happier for you. Tiff, I know you will be okay and that everything will turn around for you, you'll see... :)

acgonzalez wrote:

Hey, aw thank you for all the positive influences, and all the encouragement. It has really helped.
By the way, I accepted you on facebook. You're really pretty xD
I really hope you're right, and that all works out for the best. It'd be really great to get back on track again.
I genuinely appreciate all you've done for me already, it has given me some hope that my life won't be as bad as it seems.
You have also shed some light on this situation of mine.
You've helped me a lot in such a short amount of time and I'm so grateful. I gotta say Thank You again :D haha.

Also, I've never been to Japan, or learned much about it in general. What's it like? How different is it to say.. America? Are they strong in culture? :D :D :D haha.

Hope you have a good sleep , and hope to catch up again soon!

Tiffler wrote:

acgonzalez wrote:

Hey!!
I am so glad we are friends on facebook now! You are such a cute, beautiful, girl, and I know you have your whole life ahead of you. It's never too late to change for the better. I am constantly trying to change for the better as well. It's a life long process, LOL!
You do have to start by trying to remove all negative thoughts and that includes language as well, LOL. The more positive you are, the more positive you will attract. The same goes with negative, so it is really important that you remove it.

I have to tell you that it will take me a couple of days to get all your info because I am flying back to San Diego tomorrow to get surgery. I have something called Nutcracker Syndrome, LOL, sounds funny, but it really exists. I was born with this condition and I am so happy to get this taken care of. My life will change for the better when I get the surgery. It caused pelvic pain for many years, and I believe I wont have that anymore. Anyway, I will be traveling for the next 2 days...

Meanwhile, try and do what I said and you can start by encouraging your friend who is also going through the same situation. He needs you right now. Don't let him hurt himself. Show him there is a better way. Will you do that for me? Also, you know what movie is good to watch, it's called "Pay it Forward." You might even try renting it. You can see what I'm talking about when I say that being positive is contagious, and how if we all work together we can make a positive impact. You can do it Tiff!!!! :)
Your friend,
Cristina

acgonzalez wrote:

Hey!!

Your friend,
Cristina

Hey !
Yeah I'm glad we're friends on FB too, you can never have too many mates around :P
I'm trying so hard to be positive these days, but it seems to be easier said than done. I'm throwing one of my best friends a birthday party (hopefully) this weekend. Of course, the people coming will all have a positive attitude haha, so it should be a good thing.
And yes.. Language is a problem for me LOL. Will do my best.

Also, I have been relying on smoking to balance out my emotions, which it does. I could quit easily if I tried, I seem to go without cigarettes easy enough. But what else could I do that would have the same effect? :?

acgonzalez wrote:

I have to tell you that it will take me a couple of days to get all your info because I am flying back to San Diego tomorrow to get surgery. I have something called Nutcracker Syndrome, LOL, sounds funny, but it really exists. I was born with this condition and I am so happy to get this taken care of. My life will change for the better when I get the surgery. It caused pelvic pain for many years, and I believe I wont have that anymore.

I didn't quite understand what "Nutcracker Syndrome" was, so I looked it up on google, and wow, it doesn't sound too pleasant.
It's good you're getting the surgery, I'm happy for you :D , so good luck, and get well soon ^-^

As for my friend who's in the same situation, he lives in a city about a 2 hour or so drive away, and he's coming up for a few days and renting a motel. He said I'm welcome to go stay with him, so I think I will, to give him some company and keep his mind off his ex.

Also, about 3 years ago I saw the movie Pay It Forward. It was a good movie, I enjoyed it. Quite sad at times, but otherwise good.

Thank you for all your help so far, and good luck with your surgery. Look forward to talking again soon!!
Your friend,
Tiff. :D

Tiffler wrote:

acgonzalez wrote:

Hey!!

Your friend,
Cristina

Hey !

acgonzalez wrote:

Your friend,
Tiff. :D

Me too sweetie! I look forward to talking to you soon. I will write you when I arrive in SD!! YAY, I'm excited.