Is it naive to see all the best in people, or do you always expect the worse?
I know, "pessimists are just well informed optimists", but does this "expecting the worse" somehow brings more bad things into your life?

The most pessimistic pessimist's here! :-D I am always ready for the worst, so nothing can surprise me XD And it works fine for me. I'm just trying to be realistic as much as I can i.e. to see things as they really are.

But don't you sometimes feel like expecting only the worse things just somehow "makes" them happen? I've noticed recently, in my own life, once I started to look at things in more positive light the better things started happening to me.

Could you put any more cliches into this. It's like - if you build it he will come :-P There is a real world out there you know.

Celebrity
being a realist does not have to mean one is being pesimistic. it is just seeing the real possibilities. I guess optimism is hoping the best will happen. And I do (always) hope/believe for the best - I cannot say that because of this better things happen in life, and I guess it is a cliche to say that. maybe there is some truth in 'positive thinking' - at the end it is definitely less stressful than constantly thinking/expecting the worst. Do I make sense? 8-| ;-)

Well, If anyone was a nervous-rack pessimist it was me until I really had a life changing experience and just simply figured it out - life is too precious for me to spend it stressing over every little thing. So, from the hard core pessimist to positive thinker :-) But I guess until you feel it on your own skin you just don't believe its true.

well my vote is on being a pesimist, when im trying to create something or play a game, im opportunistic, but in the REAL world i tend to be pessimistic somewhat, so i decided to vote pesimistic... no wise word from me just yet.