It`s been around 2 months now since i smoked some of my older brothers weed and had a traumatic experience that changed the way i view my life, this probably sounds stupid but now and then i look in the mirror an question if it`s really me like im stuck in a dream and everything doesn't seem to be real at times or the world im living in is just fake and i need to wake up (im 20 years old, male, not a smoker, and ive only ever done weed once before and it just made me want to sleep) the night it happened i smoked two joints in a very short amount of time which i guess was too much for body or mind to handle because i started to have a really bad panic attack, some of the major effects that have happened to me since i smoked it that day is blurry vision and my brain feels very cloudy or light headed like i was just drifting along on the other hand some days i would get these pain-full head-aches like my skull was being squished but luckily that went away around a month ago, everyday seems so boring and repetitive it`s just got to the point where i keep over thinking about it not being able to distract attention from what happened to me at the moment im too scared to go to my doctors just in-case i am diagnosed with some mental illness and the`ll throw me in some loony bin an lock me up
I just need help or advice to cope with what i`m dealing with or any quicker ways to get better i really hope this isn't a problem that will stay with me the rest of my life.

Doesnt sound like it was just weed in them joints.. Im sure youll be fine its prob just anxiety..

it sounds like you smoked laced joints. i would talk to a therapist if it doesn't get better in about a month

your not alone i read this and was like this is me i experineced a panic attack like 3 months ago and im getting over it every since the panic attack ive been really depressed and scared of having another one but since months have passed and im okay it has slowly went bck to normal but the part that got me is i think like that to at times like ill ask myself was i really there just now it seems unreal like looking at my self and i feel like wiered like u was explaining but i shack it off and tell my self everythinh is okay ur just tripping stop it i have a lil 2yr old so i kinda made myself get over it and just enjoy life again but it wasent easy and just know ur not along it sucks because u just want things to go bck to how they use to and it will maybe you need to see a dr. just to talk and relize u aint alone knowing i wasent alone made me feel alot better too.

Hey I was wondering if these feelings will ever go away? because I just read your post and I've been experiencing this same thing. I'm really scared cause I'm only 14 and I just want my normal life back, Please post back.

Don't worry, I had a similar experience. I get anxiety often and when i smoked i had the same feelings of panic and as if i was in a dream. I still get that feeling often and have talked to a therapist about it. The best thing to do is to not fear that feeling, if you try to overcome it, it will just strengthen the feelings. I know it is hard but just try to let the feeling be and it will soon go away.

Your just realizing reality don't let the government tell u your going insane that's where your anxiety comes from marijuana is the least harmful drug out there don't let any one tell you otherwise

its probly both anixety + dp/dr
dp or dr is a way of your brain hiding and protcting itself so you dont have to deal with the real world. i look in the mirror and feel the same there was a point were i was scared to look in the mirror. Im fiftee. i have had both anixety related and drug induced depersonalization and derealization. Its scary sh*t. but acceptance, accepting that thats who you are is the only way to overcoe it. Dont think about it all too much, distrasct yourself as much a possible the less you think about your dp the less its there.

Hey man dont sweat it. Ive smoked quite a few times, and this last time was horrible. It's nearly 5 days and even tho this seems like a long time things are getting better. I still kinda feel like it wasnt me who lived my past 18 years but slowly everything is coming back and it's getting better. You'll be ok, you just have to relax and not freak yourself.
Just learn from your mistakes. The way i took it is that my body is trying to tell me something, so im going to listen.
Cheers mate :)

i sufferd from the same thing its a panic attack alchohol is a very good cure for that if u dont over use it or tell ur parents because pot makes this evil feeling extreamly strong for some people u may get prescribed some xanax that will help to

Hey guys i'm from spain, i read your answers....i feel in the same f*****g way...i don't feel myself as before...i smoked 2 pot and had huge panic attack and aluxinations...i was so scared cause i thought i would not be able to come back to normal life...now after two months i feel normal but my emotions are not deep...i have a great life...everithing around me is great...but is like when i feel an emotion i can't feel the pleasure into my brain..it is as  my brain is anesthetized, in my opinion this sh*t grass affect has to do with the release of chemicals such as dopamine, adrenaline...i'm sure...dp ds for me is BS...please let help each others!!