It's been 4 days since I had an abortion. I have 2 children already and my son is only 6 months old. Apparently, I got pregnant again while breastfeeding when my son was only 3 months old. It was a shock when we found out I was 12 weeks along in the pregnancy! The father and I decided together that it would be too hard for us to have another child at this point and that it would not be fair for the kids we already have as well as this one. So I finally went through with it. I really thought that I was going to be okay with the whole thing but I feel like I literally died since that day. I can't sleep at night because of the horrible images that come to mind as soon as I close my eyes and then I burst into tears randomly throughout the day (at work, in the car, when with my baby). I feel like there's nothing I can do. I only want to turn back time and keep my baby. I had seen the ultrasound, the baby's heartbeat, everything. I feel like I killed my baby and I can't control my thoughts or feelings about it. My baby is dead and it is my responsibility. I feel like I have physical pain in my uterus that I can't get rid of. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else felt this way? Will these feelings fade with time? I need to know that things are going to get better and that I'm not going to be like this for the rest of my life. Please let me know if this has happened to you.

hey angel2kas, i had an abortion on the 6th november and to this day i regret gettin it done, but with each passing day it does get easier to cope with, i was just like u, i couldnt sleep or eat or even function properly and i am now speaking with a counceller every week to try and help. U have to concentrate on what u have and not what could have been or what happend, u have ur 3 children to look after, i suggest if u feel u want to or can then go and talk to ur GP about it.
All the best and good luck.

My boyfriend suggested I talk to a counselor too. How long have you been going? Do you feel like it's helped you? I just feel like no matter what they say, they can't change what I did, they can't save my baby. But I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life.

Hey,
i have been going to c my counciller for 2 month now, and it doesnt seem to be helping, i still cry myself to sleep at night and my eating had never returned along with my sleeping pattern.
I am now on antidepressants but i just can't help hating myself for what i done.
Everyone is different though, my mate had an abortion and since she had hers 3 years ago, she had been fine.
I suppose in time the pain will go away (well not away but it will get easier), hopefully.
I just hope that u can fogive urself for what u did just like i am trying to do.

I had an abortion 11 months ago and although it has got easier there are days/weeks like this week where I wish I could turn back time and not have done it I still cry about it now when nobody is around to see. x

Your not alone I feel the same way. I’m 28, no kids. It’s 1:46AM New York time. I had my abortion done this morning and everything u said just ripped the words right out of my mouth. I was almost 12 weeks pregnant. After they did the procedure “which I felt like I was fighting for them to stop but kit it was too late” when I was done I kept asking “I’m not pregananf anymore?” Over and over (still coming off the local anesthesia) . When I left I asked for a picture of the sonogram to take home and I looked at my baby and felt like a part of me died in there and it was my fault. I just try to remember I made the right decision given my circumstances. And now it’s time to get it together so I can have her back and give her the life she deserves...