I need your help. I am 47 years old. I work as a consultant in a big lawyer firm. Lately, I have been having these anxiety attacks. I cannot pinpoint the cause of it, they are completely irrational, I fear foe everything. Luckily, it passes in a day or two. Still, an anxiety problem all of a sudden is something I do not need right now, with my job and family obligations. What should I do?

Have you ever thought of a middle age crisis? Time when you subconsciously evaluate all your life decisions, achievements, mistakes...This could be the reason for your anxiety problems. Still, I recommend that you visit a doctor for standard examination. There is always possibility that there is something physically wrong with you. If your physical health is ok, then start thinking about stress relieving strategies.

Hi there,
Anxiety is a condition that can happen to anybody. And the important thing is that you know that feeling anxious sometimes is perfectly normal and everybody feels this way from time to time. The problem is when this condition is present constantly and person has panic attacks along the side. Have you changed anything in your daily routines? Sometimes when you change your eating habits or something else you might notices slight changes in your behavior. So you have to know that if this condition last longer you should see a professional and try to get some medication or even to go to the therapy sessions. Therapies are very helpful in these cases.
Best wishes,
Marco

I have suffered with this problem for many years taking all kinds of prescription meds. I see your job family obligations your worried about. some nerve problems are inherited, or may come from stress which leads to anxiety, then doom and gloom and eventually to panic attacks. You may want to seek a group with others with same problem, read books from Carol Weeks on anxiety panic attacks, Right now I am on a prescription to sleep at night. And no one is allowed to talk about upsetting things after 5pm. I have lived with this for years and all I can figure out is from all the research I have done the counseling I have been through my anxiety comes from fear. Being raised in fear, and having jobs with people with no thoughtfulness, just always yelling , and family members that love to get you angry or put you down in front of others, which all results from fear. When Doom and Gloom hits you can take all the meds in the world and it just doesn't help. prayer is good try to do positive things hang with people you trust and have fun with. With me I just take it one day at a time. And I am a pastor

Visit a doctor for good care of anxiety.