i had my first panic attack two years ago because of my contraception i came off it and they stopped 7 months ago my 37 year old uncle died of heart disease since then my anxiety has got really bad i can feel my heart beating sometimes it feels like its stopped and i go crazy with panic my face flushes and my body shakes my mouth goes dry i go light headed i feel numbness in my left arm my family (nan mum aunty uncle grandad) were all checked for heart problems and the doctor said if my mums came back neg i shouldnt worry but i do loads i have a 2 year old and i feel so anxious what if something happens to me i get pains in my chest and then i hyper ventillate im 25 can some 1 help me

The thing with panic attacks is that it’s enough for it to happen one time for it to cause very long lasting anxiety and that anxiety only contributes more to new panic attacks…and it becomes a circle that is hard to break. First, if it’s a heart condition that you are scared of, than make sure to know exactly in what state your heart is now. From reason alone you can know that you seem to be pretty safe from some hereditary disease (your mom is fine, so you probably are too), it’s in your hands alone to live a healthy lifestyle so you can be sure that there is almost no danger of heart attack and, most importantly – anxiety is the cause, at the moment, for your increased heart rate and pounding which then lead to panic attack (its main “quality” is that it fits perfectly into description of heart attack – there is chest pain, hyperventilation, heart is pounding, etc). Secondly, try to find a psychologist and start to work on gaining control over your body and these attacks. There are very effective techniques which you can learn so you can start enjoying more in your life.