I know that a lot of you can help me deal with my current problem. My friends really don't want to talk about this with me, and this makes me even more depressed.

So, I am in the relationship with bipolar girlfriend for more than 7 months. Ten days ago she cheated me and of course I found out this, and I really was hurt. I wanted to leave her but than she started to cry, telling me that she loves me and that this won't happen again. I really don't know what to do.

I need your advice. Do I need to forgive my bipolar girlfriend who suddenly cheated on me?

Nobody can really make this decision instead of you, Guest. It is something that you need to decide, if you want to forgive someone who cheated on you or not. I, for example, would never forgive cheating and I would leave her, regardless of the fact that she is bipolar. If she has the need to be with someone else, I'd let her be with someone else, but she would be done with me forever.

I gave you my point of view but like I said, this is all up to you, it is your choice, so just think about it.

It gets to be a bit more complicated than just that, Deni. Bipolar people are simply people with a personality disorder and therefore you can kind of expect them to cheat on you or to run away.

But Deni is right about one thing Guest, it is up to you whether or not do you want to forgive your girlfriend. If you are okay with her doing this again (and maybe again and again), then you can forgive her and continue with your relationship. I think it would be the best for you to forgive her but to no longer date her.

I share Deni's opinion, I would never forgive if someone cheated on me. The whole concept of a relationship is based on trust and if you cannot trust your partner, what is the point of that relationship? It doesn't really matter if this person is bipolar or not, Lizzy, the fact that this person is cheating is saying enough about that person.

But again, just as Deni said, nobody can make these kind of decisions for you, if you feel like forgiving, go ahead and forgive, they say that if you want to be in peace with yourself, you should forgive.

You guys are not making any sense to me. It doesn't matter what would you do in this situation, it is his choice and only his. You have nothing to do with this situation and you are not helping him out. All that you can do to help him is to explain to him about bipolar people, how do they behave and why are they so prone to cheating and leaving the people they love. These people are just scared and nothing more.

So my advice to you Guest is that you do a little research to find out whatever you can about bipolar people.

Eating Boss is absolutely right, you need to make this decision all by yourself. The opinions from the side will only blur your vision and will make it harder for you to make a decision.

He gave you a good advice about doing a little research about this personality disorder. You are able to find bunch of info for this matter online and after you do that, you will probably be able to understand her a bit more. I am not saying that what she did is right, I'm just saying that there are reasons why bipolar people are acting like they do.

I really don't know what to do about this whole situation. I think that I am aware that she doesn't like me anymore but I don't know what to do. I really do love her and I would stay with her, but I need her to tell me that she is sorry because she cheated on me. I was reading a lot about this bipolar disorder ever since we started to hang out, but I really didn't believe that this is going to be so hard. A lot of people are telling me that I should end up this because I deserve much better and that I should not feel sorry for myself. But...I can't! I don't know what to do :/

Hey. One thing that I have learned completely when it comes about bipolar persons is that they will never understand that they made a mistake and it doesn't matter will you forgive her or not - I think that she will do this to you again. Not because she hates you or that she wants to hurt you. 

She is going to do this again because she is not aware of the things that she is doing.

In my opinion, you should not forgive her because you will suffer all over again when this happens and you don't deserve it...

I am not telling you that you should leave her, but it is obviously that you are not happy with her. 

Hello everyone.

In my opinion - no. You should not forgive her. You should go away and try to find someone who is going to love and respect you.

Yes, she is sick, she has some mental issues and this is going to continue no matter what. And the only one who is going to suffer about this whole situation is you.

And, you don't want to suffer anymore, right?

I am not here to make decisions for you, you need to do this alone, but you really need to think about this a lot. It is your life and we can't tell you should you stay with her or not.