Hey everyone,

My best friend Illina is following Candida diet. She is totally new in it, because she gained extra 15 pounds in the last few months, so she want to lose it until the summer. She found some tips, because she was searching a lot about this diet program, and she found some recipes and some list of the foods that she can eat. Now, there is one problem – she doesn’t know how to find foods that she needs to avoid in it :)

So, I was hoping that you can help me?What foods you need to avoid if you are following Candida diet?

Thank you! 

Hey there,

The most important is to change your eating habits. But, I hope that you are ready, I hope that your sister is ready as well, because the list that you need to avoid is long, long. Ok, let’s go. You need to avoid : sugar, honey, syrup, chocolate, molasses, rice syrup, artificial sweeteners, wine, beer, spirits, grains and glutinous foods, fruit – fresh fruit, dried fruit, canned fruit, fruit juice, vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, beats, some meat and fish products, dairy products, such as cheese, milk, cream, whey products, coffee, green tea, etc. Now, you are wondering what she can eat, but you need to know that many candida sufferers have to change completely their eating habits. 

Hey there,

Yes, it is totally true! You need to change your way of eating completely. But, there are more ingredients that you really need to avoid. You forgot to mention beans and other legumes, chickpeas, tofu, soy cheese, soy milk, all soy products, mushrooms, truffles, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, soy sauce, all vinegars, except for apple cider vinegar, peanut oil, corn oil, canola oil, soy oil.

Yes, the list is a little bit long, OK, maybe too long, but it is very specific, and you need to give your best at this. That is all that I can say!

Have a nice day!