Hello! I started to feel a jaw ache and difficulties while opening my mouth last week. I thought it was connected to my ear but then I noticed redness and swelling of my gums. I decided to visit my dentist and he said it was an impacted wisdom tooth. He prescribed pain relievers and warm salt water. He also said I should do the X-ray and if the symptoms reoccur I should extract it. Yesterday I noticed enlarged lymph nodes in my neck. Is this connected to impacted wisdom tooth?

Hello! Impacted tooth usually causes no problems and may never require treatment but if the symptoms as jaw aches and infections reoccur extraction is usually successful in resolving the symptoms. Any infection can cause the enlargement of the lymph nodes and impacted wisdom teeth could also be the possible cause. Your enlarged lymph nodes are most probably connected to the problems you described and they will be back to normal after the symptoms are gone.