Had 3 removed over the Past 2 months....All gone

Hi I just want to share my experience. I had a chalazion in my eye last November. I badly wanted a surgery because I could not stand to wait for 5-6 months to let it heal on its own. Unfortunately, due to expensive surgical fees, my parents did not go for it although I was willing to do it even though I read a lot of comments about how excruciatingly painful the whole process is. Anyway, I'd resorted to hot compresses because that's the proven most effective remedy for chalazions. I did it for 4-5 times each day, more than 15 minutes each time. I also did some eye massage and took daily dose of Vitamin C & Vitamin A. I also clean my eyelids with Johnson's Baby Shampoo twice a day. I avoided cheese and dairy products. Days have passed, I thought it wouldn't heal anymore and that I needed to have it surgically removed. I lost hope because I felt like the compresses were not working! Until the pus started to appear on the surface. That went on for several days until all the pus were drained. Right now, the chalazion has healed and my eyelid looks pretty much normal. There is still a little bump, however unnoticeable. I presume that the tiny bump would eventually shrink in the next few days. Thank God! Hot compresses work people!! Just do it religiously. And thank God I did not have to go through that surgery. I hope this helped. Don't lose hope guys.

This remedy has helped me and other people with chalazion and sty. Get a little juice from lemon (fresh juice from fresh lemon) on your clean finger and apply on chalazion or sty. It may burn. it's ok if it gets in your eye. Lemon juice is very good for eyes. do it several times a day and apply a little organic castor oil at night . Castor oil is very good for eyes too. It's old folk remedy. It 's ok if a little gets into your eye.
If chalazion or sty under lid do this-
Take clean little plate put filtered water (room temperature) squeeze lemon juice in water (about 8-14 drops for 1/4 cup of water )
And bathe your eye in this water . do it several times a day but make new water each time. At night put 1 drop of castor oil in your eye or you can apply a little with your finger on eyelashes and blink several times so oil will get into eye.

Had the surgery 5 days ago.  I was terrified of the anesthetic shots to the eye, so many people said it was painful.  It really wasn't bad at all.  Then he put the clamp on my eye, I focused on my breathing, and it was over just like that.

My eye was VERY swollen the next day.  Very bruised and redness everywhere.  It has come down considerably since then and is starting to look somewhat normal.  Still swollen and a bit red but everyday gets better.  There is no bump left over.

I have a chalazion for about a year now on my bottom, right eyelid and i was wondering if it was possible to be treated without surgery if it is hard???? If someone has had this treated please reply as I am quite nervous about surgery!!!!

Please and thanks.

Yes had the shot worked great shrunk next day ....May need one more amazing jot in med journals why??????

Had mine "removed" yesterday, and my eyes are very swollen I have been given ointment to use for a week and I clean my eyes with boiled warm water. I had two in my right and two in my left. My bigger one was in the left and I feel like it's still there? But obviously much smaller in really upset and scared. Is it still there or is it just swelling?

f**k, My doctor signed bunch of stuff before the surgery..consent form etc. the anesthetic sting was dam painful. and this id**t bump has NOT gone away….looks like she didnt clean it up properly or it came back to fill like it was initially. I would HATE to get it again. but the doc did a Poooorr job! DONOT get it removed unless you are confident about the doc. for me it was a waste or time and money!!

Hi

I had a surgery yesterday. Doctor removed it from outside not inside!!!! I asked him to do it from inside but he said it is normal from outside and he can see better and removed better.

Does anyone hve the same experience? any scar left?

No. They numb your eye so you won't feel anything. Only when they give you the anesthesia shot, hurts . it takes about 20-30 mins. Good luck!

I just want to post to thank you for the lecithin suggestion. It worked for me!!

I had my chalazion for 7 months starting in Sep of last year. In Dec, I had the surgical procedure to remove it. Unfortunately, they got only maybe half of it out. I patiently waited for 2 months to see if it would go away. Unfortunately, though smaller, it persisted. I tried nearly everything - warm compresses, salt water washes, epsom salt compresses. Nothing worked. I was very close to scheduling a second surgery but decided to do a little more research.

I came upon this post and said "what the heck" and bought some lecithin. I took 4800 mg per day (spread out through the day) and combined it with a nightly warm compress and immediate massaging of the chalazion after the compress (gently massaging downward to assist in the draining).

By Day 4 it started to drain. I'm now on Day 6 and it's almost gone. I'm going to continue with this routine for another week or so in hopes it will be completely gone. It's barely noticeable now but I'm hoping it will completely gone in a week.

Thank you so much!! And thank goodness for this forum!

I know what you mean, I've had 3 surgery already 2 in 2 years and one about 15 years ago. the procedure is not the problem. It's the shot that hurts like a MF. This last one was about a couple of months agao and am still waiting on some of the swelling to go down. I can't wear mascara due to it may clog the pores which is a drag cause i love mascara. When I wear eye make up i have to wash my eyes with a warm wash cloth in a downward move to remove and excessive eyemake up or and particles.

I just had surgery today. the injected was in my right eyelid with anesthesia and used a chalazion clamp to flip theeyelid inside out and made a tiny cut. i had antibiotics as eye drops. now i'll wait & see it i"ll have the scaRE TISSUE

Two weeks ago my vision was blurry and the doctors told me its because of the Chalazion I had for over 7 months now. So I then got the surgery which is something i never want to experience again in my life. Its been 4 days since my surgery and my vision is still blurry. Doctor said that it can take sometime for your eye to adjust if the chalazion was pushing down on your cornea distorting your vision. He said if my vision does not come back to normal in two weeks to go back and see him. The embarrassing bump is gone from the top of my eye lid but you can still see a circle where it was removed. Praying my vision comes back as i am very dizzy all the time and feeling sick due to one eye being perfect and the other one completely blurry.

I had my chalazion removed 2 days ago the needle is painful but after that it doesn't hurt you just feel pressure and this was my second time having this surgery done on the same eye and on the same place so the doctor said i had a scar under my eyelid from the last surgery. The first surgery i had was April 30th, 2013 and the second surgery was April 29th,2014 so i had my sugerys about a year apart.