Anyone know anything about email filters? My company doesn't have them so I don't know, but apparently I just sent my friend an email with an offensive/banned word in it (I was forwarding something, I didn't really catch it when I read it the first time) and her company rejected the email for offensive material and sent it back to me. Will this in any way reflect back to her? Can I get my friend in trouble because I'm dumb?

I have worked for a few companies that have e-mail policys. They were all the same regarding offensive e-mail. If you recieve an offensive e-mail delete it. You are not responible for what others send to you. If you send and offensive e-mail, good bye!

I think it will be ok.

Bad judgement maybe. Nothing else. Just be more careful I guess.

Yeah, thanks pffff, I'm packing my boxes now thanks to your email with the phrase "you are a f--king lunatic". :P

Thats what our email policy is but no one is watching it so basically if we send something offensive and it gets back to someone, then we have problems. Her email system stopped the email and sent it back to me saying it violated an offensive language policy they have. Just curious, I'd hate to get my friend in trouble because I'm being stupid.

You're friend probably just got fired. It's your responsibility now to take her out for drinks later this evening. :cheryl:

You're friend probably just got fired.
Not to mention that this will now appear on her Permanent Record! Way to go, cheryl. With friends like you....

You're friend probably just got fired.
Not to mention that this will now appear on her Permanent Record! Way to go, cheryl. With friends like you.... yeah well don't get so distressed Did I happen to mention that I'm impressed I take one one one 'cause you left me... was that a violent femmes reference?

Turns out, it was no big deal, she laughed at me for freaking out. :D

That is why you don't send personal emails to people at work!

Shame on You!

(my work has the same types of filters but they notify you when the email tries to get through also. I think if you get the warnings to much then they will notify the correct manager and you could lose your job if you don't cut it out.