I just got a private message from one of our members from a while back. Her user name was problematic girl. She and i chatted informally on the forum until one day she suddenly stopped posting. She showed up in my inbox a few days later. She was pregnant at the tender age of 15 and petrified. She was on the verge of terminating her baby and i tried to help her with her decision. She vanished again only to return a month or so later, still pregnant and keeping her baby.

I just heard from her again and she gently refers to me as her second mom, thanking me for helping her make her decision. She is having a little girl and she is due in october. She is filled with questions about her labor and she is fearful, but very excited. She promises to send pics of her new arrival. I am so excited for her, yay, a little girl, how cool is that?

So, it is possible to really reach someone out there who is in some kind of dilemma. She was a wreck and really got down on herself. I just remembered my girls when they got pregnant, bottom line is, what's done is done and just move forward. They both chose to have abortions but not at my suggestion. I agreed to help with the baby, but in the end, the final decision was theirs.

To all of us here at SteadyHealth, we are all doing a fantastic job helping people with concerns and problems, and my problematic girl proves just how successful we are. She is no longer "problematic" her name is Leanne and she can't wait to be a mommy, i am so happy for her.

If you become interested and find yourself getting attached to someone with a problem here on the board, keep in touch with them, you may be saving a life, what a hugh success.

Thanx
bbfeet9

That is so great to hear!! If anyone's the second mom on the forum, it's a tossup between you and Bambi :-) I'm glad to hear you had such a strong impact on her life and you do such good here. Thanks for being you!! And thanks for always offering all of yourself to help people!

You made me get teary eyed. Thanks for the pat on the back, and your a sweet heart. :cry:

It's real nice to be noticed, and thank you.

bbfeet9 wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

That is so great to hear!! If anyone's the second mom on the forum, it's a tossup between you and Bambi :) I'm glad to hear you had such a strong impact on her life and you do such good here. Thanks for being you!! And thanks for always offering all of yourself to help people!

Awww, I'm sorry I made you cry. Unless those are happy tears. That's okay then if I made you cry. And seriously! You do so much for everyone here on the forums. I'm so glad to hear that other people recognize it too. :)

BBFeet9 what a touching story! I am so glad that your efforts on the forum paid off. I sure hope that's just the first of many emails you get because you definitely do a lot of good here on the forums.

Ah geez guys...thanks so much but ya know, when we think that we have it rough at times, just read into some of these posts, they are sad and some are so heart wrenching that i walk away from the computer and come back later with brand new thoughts.

You are all a bunch of wonderful and passionate people and many of you have come to my rescue many times. I have been here for quite a while and the regulars that we have at this time are the best bunch i have seen so far. Tho we don't know each other in the physical sense, it some how feels like we do. You are all amazing.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :-D

That's wonderfull BB.
You must be sooo happy knowing you have helped her.

I haven't been here long but from your posts you seem to be a very caring person. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have for a second mom.

It really concerns me when I read so many posts from young people who don't seem to have the knowledge they need about so many things. I thought when we got sex education into the classrooms and out of the locker rooms there would be a huge improvement but we must be missing quite a few along the way.

Then there are those who don't seem to have any connection with their parents at all. That must be a terribly lonely and scary way to grow up. Kids need parents who are there to support them.

I remember all too well what girls were subjected to before abortion was legalized and I hope we never go back to that era. That's not to say that I approve of abortion. My wife was pregnant when we married and I was very happy she didn't take her parents advice. Of course her mother didn't come to our wedding either but her brother did. I feel abortion is no ones business but the girl who is pregnant. It should be her decision, not the governments.

I enjoy your posts, keep it up. You deserve a ton of credit for all your effort.

Celebrity
Aaaawww :-) This is absolutely great!

This is a very good and positive story. My honest congratulations to you bbfeet. You are a real helper around here. :-)

Thanks dark_red,
We sometimes think that our opinions and advice falls on deaf ears, but this proves that it doesn't. Leanne and i will e-mail regularly so i can keep every one updated on her progress.

I am so excited for her, she sounds so sweet. She is a little shy about going out in public to much as her neighbors stop and stare at her, but i told her to hold her head up as high as she can and push thru. In a few months when that little girl is placed in her arms all of this will be worth it. She will soon find out that her life will be centered around her baby and i'm sure that she will be positive and strong.

She sounds like a good girl who just sort of stumbled for a minute, but she landed on her feet and made a wise decision.
I did make sure i told her that if she does decide to have an abortion, (this was months ago) that this would not make her a bad girl at all, it would just make her more cautious and aware.
But alls well that ends well for the X Problematic Girl, she is fine, nervous and worried, but still doing just fine.
With the help of her mom/dad (who are understanding) she will do a great job at motherhood.

Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread but did she say what she named the baby? :-)

No, her little girl isn't due until October.

Some people name babies that early on. I am just so dang excited for you and for her that I really want to know everything I can!!! :) Thanks for setting me straight.

We never really discussed what she will name the baby, as she was so releived that she made the right decision. I am sure that she will keep me updated on her progress and she promised to send me some pix as well. I have not heard from her in a while so maybe i'll check in with her just to see how she is getting on. Will let you know. Im am so excited too!!!!

Ask her to post in Small Talk (would that be the appropriate forum??) so that we can all dote on her and encourage her along. Could this be the first SH baby?!