1. During surgery, can the surgeon only remove a certain amount of tissue from the lips? Or is the patient allowed to request however much they want removed?

2. As for shaping is concerned (top lip mainly), does it depend on the natural shape of one's lips or can they request (or bring in a picture of) the type of shape they want their lips to be?

3. It seems as though most surgeons (if not all) want all the surgery money upfront before the surgery can even begin. I'm just wondering, since i'm going to go for a monthly payment plan, how is that going to work out?

Any info/help would be appreciated.

Hi there! I reckon that payment options depend on the surgeon and his/her practice. Everybody has their own policies regarding payment, so this is something you need to look for when choosing a surgeon.

Most of the surgeon’s office offer what is called financing and everything goes through their company. They accept your credit card and you need to fill out an application form that is then being sent to their financing companies. Then you get the feed back about the interest rates, prepayments, down payments, etc and stuff like that.

I think that you may even choose your own financing company.

As for the procedure of lip reduction, I am not certain that you can bring any picture. You can do that in lip augmentation but in lip reduction, a part of the tissue is taken out from your lip. I am sure you will work this out with your surgeon and s/he will tell you what can and what can’t be done. With your consent a surgeon will estimate the amount of excision is being made and amount of tissue that needs to be taken out.

Are you considering having your lips resized? Have you talked to any surgeons yet?
All the questions you have, they are the ones who will give you the best answers.

Hi Jane.

Yea, i'm considering getting lip reduction surgery. If everything goes as planned, I will be going through with the procedure over the summer. My one concern is that I pay so much $$$ to get the surgery done and by the time it hits 3 months post-op surgery, the results aren't at all substantial. I really want a dramatic change (i.e. I want my lips to look nice and thin/small) from what I have now which I really hope is possible with the surgery. I just hope the amount of tissue they are able to remove suits the "size" that I am ideally looking for.

As for talking to a surgeon, I haven't yet. All the nearest surgeons who perform lip reduction surgery reside in Los Angeles and being that i'm from San Diego, I think i'll wait a little longer to actually set up a consultation. I really hope these surgeons don't crank up the interest rate on the monthly payment.

Regards

Hi! I honestly hope you will be able to get what you want! What do you find wrong with your lip? Do you have any scars or you’re just not satisfied with the way it looks? How old are you?

As for the monthly payment options, some of the terms could be pretty well actually.
Some surgeon’s allow even 600$ loan while others start from 1000$. Some let you borrow money from 1-7 years other from 1-5years (that’s good as well). Their interest rates are usually the same as the credit card’s, some even lower, they don’t require down payment, you agree upon fixed rates, they don’t charge any fees if you finish paying earlier and the best thing is that you don’t have to wait for approval for ages.

I think this is a very good thing they’re doing.

Superstar
sadsquared wrote:

Hello again.

What I find wrong about my lips is that my upper lips are bigger than my buttom, which is what mainly bothers me. Also, I don't like the shape of my lips. Wish I could describe it to you to help you better understand, but it's quite difficult. Let's just say they don't look too flattering. As for my age, I am currently 19 years old.

It's great to hear that surgeons don't jip clients with monthly payment plan charges. I'm thinking the surgeon I end up picking will probably cost me between 5,000-7,000 dollars. Sounds a little steep but I figured since this is going to be permanent, I shouldn't worry about price as much as I should about quality.

Like they say, you get what you pay for.

i'm from canada and here health care is free. I got my labia reduction done a couple days ago and it was free because my labia were large and hurting during daily activities.

the process of lip reduction is taking the fat out of the lip so that the lips curl in and then appear smaller. They use markers and symettrics to make sure it is even, although there are risks of uneveness or numbness but there are risks with all surgeries. God provides all healing so just hope that God will use his doctors to help you with your lip problems. Stay hopeful!

Jerome

the lip reduction process is to take the fat out of the lip so that it curls in and then appears smaller. You can do it with both lips or one or the other. First you should make sure the doctor is part of American Board of Plastic Surgery or the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Then type his or her name on a search engine to make sure he has no malfunction surgery claims filed against him. If he checks in both of those areas, you've done your research. Hope it turns out good for you.

I had a lip reduction done on both lips in 2002. Before I went under, I wasn't marked. I don't know if after I went under the surgeon did mark me before I was given a local aenesthesia shot, which I read can distort the shape and size of your lips.

I am happy that I went through with it, but I do have asymmetry. The shape and size are not even. Judging from the remnants of scar in the inside of my lips, the surgeon did not make an even cut. Maybe he didn't mark me at all. I don't know.

The problem was I did not have time or money to consult with a lot of docs beforehand. My surgeon was the head of an Ivy League college's surgery department and he had been on TV, so I picked him, but the results are certainly not ideal.

I was treated for gonogrea and after a week after the treatment i experice browish / greenish urine but today it was normal urine what do you think? any explation?

For like 3 weeks my urine was brownish and greenish but today it came back to white???? any advice please mail or email ***

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**