It is getting frusterating and embarresing how much I cry. I am 18 years old and I cry whenever I get upset, frusterated, or mad, not even to an extreme extrent. I sometimes cry just because someone is disagreeing with me. I have arguments with my little sister (like all syblings do) yet I start crying, she sure doesn't. I am in college now and I have to explain to my roommate that it isn't even anything big when I cry, I am not necessarily all that upset, but once I start it is hard to stop. It is really annoying because it is embarrasing and of course crying gets my nose stuffed and gives me huge headaches.

It is a widespread belief in the western world that crying is therapeutic and also the converse, that failure to cry is a danger to our health. Psychotherapists and counselors from nearly every school or persuasion regard crying during the process of therapy as constructive rather than destructive, though there may be some exceptions to this general rule such as depression, some neuropsychological conditions and manipulative crying. There's a pathological crying too. Pathological crying is disabling socially, embarrassing to the sufferers of it. Treatment with antidepressants, L-dopa, and fluoxetine is effective. Serotinin reuptake inhibitors are particularly effective, but their efficacy seems to be independent of their antidepressant characteristics. You should talk to your counselor about it, just in case.

I have been severely depressed and I just want to know what the doctor might prescribe me.
In the past I was on fluxetine (prozac) but it made me suicidle. Some of the things I've been going through...nightmares, or frequent dreams that make me miserable. Anger, i get angry quickly and lash out.

Visit my page on ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed