Hi.

I never could imagine that depression and anxiety can make this kind of person from me. I was always good, happy girl and I can't tell you when this has changed. I have no idea. I just do know that because of the depression I am unable to be myself or to speak clearly to someone. I really don't like this feeling because it is literally killing me. 

Have you ever had similar situation? If you did, what did you do about this? Any medications can help me fight against it? Also, I have never visited the doctor and I don't think that I would do that...

Hello Guest,

Well, a lot of things can help with this but I would rather think about talking to a professional, like a psychologist, than taking medications immediately. Antidepressants are quite bad for you and your body, I mean, they do help you with depression but they also lower your feeling of happiness or any other good feelings. There are some natural remedies, like teas and such, they can also help. But anyway, I would go and talk to the psychologist first because in this way you can overcome depression, but with medications and other remedies you can just kind of hide it.

Depression is one of those conditions which take a lot of time to overcome. However, ages can pass and if you don't do anything about it, if you just stay the same, nothing is going to change, you are still going to be depressed, maybe even more than before.

Think positive. You need to live now, you shouldn't think about the past, nor about the future. You exist now, there is no past, and the future doesn't exist. Once you are capable of living in the present moment, to embrace it, then you will be mentally healthier than most people living on Earth today.

I agree with Gaia, you should probably talk to a psychologist.

I was suffering from depression when I was a teen and I met this crazily awesome psychologist who showed me that I am actually suffering from depression and she offered to help me free of charge. It took half a year of seeing her twice a week to make my condition better. I owe that lady so much, I owe her my life, this wonderful life that I am having today.

This is my personal experience, I honestly believe that these psychologists can help you more than anyone else could.

That is somehow normal behavior in this situation, but also you need to consult the physician who can help you fight against those problems. Depression can also cause that you are not able to bring some smart decisions. If you bring some decision, everything seems wrong to you. That is because you are not able to think proper. I think that during anxiety and depression, nobody can't bring the decisions. But you need to find the cause of it. And you can't do it alone, remember it. The only thing that you can do for yourself is to start think positive. Once you do this, you will be able to bring better decisions than usual. But again - you should consult an expert. Good luck.

It is not all about you not thinking clearly, it is also about you thinking that you know the best and that others don't know anything. Because when someone gives you an advice or something, you are going to be like "what does this person know about this". Depression is hard, it is messing up with your mind and you are letting it do this to you. It is normal that you can't be the real you or that you can't speak clearly, it is normal to think that nobody understands you. Just don't give up, fight it, you will be okay, I have faith in you.

Depression affects people differently. I had this phase in my life, when I was not able to speak to anyone and I think that I was not able to understand myself at all. Depression is a condition that sometimes you can't overcome alone. Usually, there is nothing that you can do about it so help from someone who was in this condition or who is an expert can help you, for sure.

I know that it is hard to tell, but try to think positive about every segment of your life. Think about TODAY, not about tomorrow, last week, last day or something like that. Just about tomorrow. 

This is how depression affects people. Inability to speak to yourself can be the first sing of the depression. And trust me, it happens to so many people. But when you noticed that this happens to you for the first time, you really should ask for help because this can become much worse than you can imagine. I don't know in which stadium you are now, but anyway you should seek for help. You can go to the doctor and usually they will prescribe some anti - depressants for you. I know that my sister was seeing life coach, but I think that this is really not that good idea. They will take your money and I am not sure what effect you will have after talking to them. Remember that psychiatric care is not bad and it can destroy you. It can help you, so you really should talk to one.
Good luck.

Hi there, i am diagnosed for depression from 4months now ,Now from past 1month iam unable to talk to people, If anyone try to speak to me i feel agitated and iritated. I can't respond to them properly. Did you feel the same..? Is this normal.