Like the conference speakers, the books, the posters etc?

Do you like them? Is there a particular type you do like?

Not especially. I mean the speakers, if they're good, can get you all charged up for a short time, but what really motivates me is progress.

No. Underdog stories motivate me, of those who succeed under erstwhile impossible circumstances.

I like to make fun of motivational speakers, their books and their posters.

If it works for some folks, then it's all good. But I'm more like OL and elkid where actual progress motivates me along with books about people who are inspirational even though they don't try to be.

For example, I've read books about Adam Goucher, Marla Runyan and penis Traum. And those books motivate me to train harder. But the real motivation kicks in when I see my interval times getting faster or my mileage increases and I start to place higher in races and my times come way down. That motivates me to try even harder to see what more I can accomplish.

But any dude with an informercial or clever catch phrase becomes an immediate target for my sarcasm and ridicule.

no, not at all!
Turned off by all that crud.

Nope. Motivational speakers do not do much for me.

They do absolutely nothing for me either. I was wondering who bought those items since they are everywhere.

I do like the demotivators posters, though...

Nope, not really motivated by those people.
As for who buys that stuff? For one, my sister's ex-husband who is ~250 lbs overweight and constantly looking to get rich quick/lose weight fast. Who's that tall guy with the teeth? Tony Robbins? Whoever that guy is, he was my ex BIL's hero. he liked to watch his tapes while reclined eating hagendaas

Everything you all know about me can be attributed to the teachings of this guy:

How disappointing. With a name like "be invinceable" I expected tights or something...

I totally related to Vince's seminar. Then I read his book, "InVinceAble Principles", and it opened more doors and an understanding that is higher than I have achieved before, with the capability of going even higher!

No. We have motivational posters here at work and all they motivate us to do is sit around on ours butts and chuckle.

I do not like them, Sam I am.

You're not helping your case that it wasn't you who poked the pencil holes in those posters....

Not really. The best motivation is progress or future reward.