I am 21, 5'4 tall and I am obese at 185 lbs. I had gained weight from lack of exercise after knee injury and two operations I had afterwards. I have cut down what I am eating to about half. I was 187 lbs then went down to 183 lbs in 2 weeks. But, after that I gained weight again, although I've been following my eating plan without any changes. I'm almost 2 months into the weight loss plan but I can't move down from 185 lbs and I'm starting to lose motivation. I find it very hard, I have constant cravings for food. I don't have anyone to encourage me, so I'll probably give up. I know it doesn't happen overnight, but I don't have idea what to do. Is anyone else out there trying to lose weight? I'd appreciate if you could share your stories and encourage me to keep on with the diet and weight loss.

Hi. I exactly know how you feel. I was in the same boat. These are the tricks that helped me when I was down. First, if you notice that you lose motivation, make short breaks from the diet and exercise, for 2 or 3 days. Also, cleaning house became my favorite exercise. :) It's good for melting fat and plus I you'll do something useful. Don't step on your scale too often. Weight loss progress is usually slow and you'll just feel about it. Food cravings are normal, you just have to eat healthier snacks. Divide your meals into 6 smaller portions. Reward yourself once in a while, with small gift or a trip. Team based weight loss is much better. I had a help of good friend of mine who also wanted to lose weight. Make a selfies of your weight loss progress. And don't forget to put a smile on.

Hope this helped!

Health Advisor

Hello guys and girls.

Have you ever lost your weight loss motivation? If that’s true, don’t be depressed. A lot of people walked in your shoes.

SteadyHealth Community collected their stories and presented them in our new book “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences”.There you can find how people from all over the world overcome their obstacles and successfully lost their extra weight. They share with us motivational quotes and little tips and tricks which are life-savers.

You can download it totally free of charge for the next five days by using the following link - http://goo.gl/IfKUeD.

If you like our book, please leave feedback on Amazon and help us in our mission of helping other people with their health problems and concerns.

Health Advisor

Our ebook “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences” is free for just three more days.

If you are stuck with your weight loss journey, there’s nothing better than reading experiences of real people who were determined enough to win battle with their pounds. Motivation comes from the inside, but indulging yourself with a little more encouragement can't hurt!

After reading our book, just help us with one small thing: leave us your comment on Amazon and help other people find our book.

Health Advisor

Today is the last day of our free promo campaign for the “Weight loss motivation and discipline: Real experiences” ebook.

Demotivation is the enemy of successful weight loss. This book is all about making friends with your weight loss journey and staying committed.

Just follow this link and restore lost faith - http://goo.gl/IfKUeD.

After downloading your free copy, please leave us a feedback on Amazon and help us reach others in our attempt to share this useful info to as many people as we can.

I think motivation is necessary while losing weight because some times it can boost your confidence. I search online and read stories of other people who have successful achieve their target of losing weight, it inspires me and help me in going on..

Recently I have read this and felt really good about losing weight. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use