I have been acting odd lately. Also, I am feeling really bad, like I am constantly under the stress.  I have no idea why, but all my friends, everyone who is around me keep telling me that I should relax, that I should relax and this goes on and on every day.  I don't know what to do. I don't even know what is causing this stress and why I can't relax. Anyway, I have heard that around the world there are those relaxation techniques that can help me deal with it.  I am willing to try, why not.  But, to try it, I need to know more about it. What are the benefits of relaxation techniques? Thanks in advance, Anabell

Ohhh, there are soooo many benefits that relaxation techniques can offer you. It really doesn't matter are you in pain, do you have some problems or you are depressed, you should practice those relaxation techniques whenever you can. It can only improve your health. Some of the benefits that you can get are: you will protect your heart, which means that you won't have a huge risk of having some cardio disease or heart attack. It will improve your memory. It is going to keep you safe from the depression and anxiety. Do you need more? Learn some techniques :) 

But how to do that? How to practice something that you don't know? It is odd for me that I am in the situation like this one. As far as I know, I am totally healthy, I don't have any problems with me and my health generally, but I want to cry. I want to cry whenever something is not like I expected or like I wanted. The reading was always relaxing me, but now I just can't concentrate on the books that I read and that I love. I don't know what to do, but it seems to me that I won't get out of this problem at all. I know that this pessimism won't take me anywhere, but what to do? I am helpless.

You are not helpless. You are not a lost case. Remember that. As long as you think like this, you will have a serious issue to get back to the place where you were before - to be "normal" again. You will learn, easy. Once you learn relaxation techniques for anxiety and depression, you will feel all the benefits. Did you even know that relaxation techniques can help you be slim like always or to help you have a better memory? There are so many different benefits and they are good for your health. Don't lose a faith, be strong and you will be just fine. 

Celebrity

I agree on that one! You will be OK. Find some friend who is feeling similar and try to do some entertaining things with him or her. Also, you should know that relaxing techniques not only seems to delay the progression of the disease but may also speed recovery if you are ill or something - depressed, dealing with anxiety or so. Think about some nice things, about some good memories or so. This will also help you smile more and clear your mind from all those negative thoughts. Breathing, meditation and yoga are the techniques that have the most success in this. 

So, you are suggesting me that I should, I don't know, start some yoga, meditation or even the tai chi classes? I maybe will. I mean, I will for sure. I think that it can be hard, but if it can have some positive effects on my health, why not. The biggest problem for me is the lack of the motivation - very often I don't have it even if I really want to do something about it, even if I want to practice, run or go to some fitness classes. Also, I don't have any friend who would be able to follow me, it would be much easier for me. So, besides almost - depression issue, I have this lack of motivation.

Well, we all do have a lack of motivation, but it doesn't matter - we try to find it. Don't give up darling, I am telling you this because I was (well, I still do) struggling with the depression and anxiety, but I found my safe zone, where I feel safe. I have to admit that once I did the hypnosis. I was against it, but I said to myself - why the hell not. It helped me, I was way better after, but it should be performed by a licensed therapist. I found out that hypnosis helps to tune out distracting brain activity and focus on specific suggestions, mostly on the positive thinking. Try it and good luck!