Decided to tell someone other than my wife who is rather tired of hearing about it, so here goes.

Sept my weight was 386, I started running (albeit really slow) and bearly completed a mile. As of last night Jan 21 my weight is 343 and I've completed my first 5 mile road run. At 6'6 and 300+ I'll never win a race but It sure is cool to get this far.

My motivation and success may help someone.

Great job! Just keep up the good work.

Dink

Awesome Work Scot! Your results are motivating and great to inspire others. It's not whether you win or lose...it's whether you get out there and just try. That alone is a big thing and makes you "a winner". Keep up the great work! You've worked hard and I for one am happy for you!

Thats really amazing Scott; is that your weight loss since you joined the Forum?
Either way a loss of 43lbs. is not to be sneezed at. Just imagine where you will be 12 months from now.
And never sell yourself short Scott, stick at it and who knows, you just might win races

absolutely!!!
congratulations and keep it up.

That is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! Keep it up Scott!

WOOHOO!!! Good for you! :thumbsup:

Most Excellent! 43 lbs. in that short of a time frame is outstanding!

The weight loss is astounding, the distance is great--much of America will never run that distance in their lives.

Keep taking such good care of yourself--you're the only you we've got!!

Consider journaling your experiences, because you might be able to motivate others through your actions!!!

:cheers: WAY TO GO Scot. you are already a step (well ok several steps really) ahead of most of the modern population. Kudos to you nd whatever gets you going, mainly your own self determination. and the winning the race thing. you never know it might just happen.

Fantabulous! Amazing progress you've had. Sounds like you've enjoyed the journey too. Good for you. Good for those of us for whom you motivate.

That's amazing! Keep up the good work.

By the way, I used to be a Watkins before I got married.

Great job!!! That is truly incredible.

Kick Butt job Scott!!!

Keep on working at the running and watching your diet and I am sure the pounds will keep coming off and you can watch your running improve at the same time.

That's incredible!! I would love to squeeze some personal motivation out of your success. :) One of my favorite phrases is "The victory lies in the struggle, not the prize." Keep up the good work!!

Melissa