Hi my name is Naomi. My daughter will be 3 months old next week & will begin attending daycare. The daycare my husband & I chose has a very clean atmosphere. But I am concerned about all of the recent cases of MRSA that seem to be popping up. My question is how common is it for babies to contract MRSA from daycare? If they do, is it more easily curable in a baby then in an adult?

Unfortunately there is no cure for MRSA. Just alternative treatments for the staph infection. Hope that helps...

Well,
I understand the concern that you have, and I have to tell you that this is a proper thinking of a parent. You can never be too safe and sure when it comes to your child. But isn’t she a little too young for being in the daycare? She is only three months old and she needs to be with her mother as much as she can. Now MRSA is very problematic, but you have to understand that these facilities take good care to avoid these problems. As hospital they clean their rooms all the time to avoid any possible complications. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie