Hi, I am 41 years old and I had back injury after lifting, because I wasn’t careful enough. Will I need a surgery or is there any other treatment that can help me? I would appreciate any tip and suggestion.

Hi, before you lift anything heavy you should push the object lightly to see how heavy it is. If it’s small it doesn’t mean that it’s not heavy. Balance is also very important for lifting heavy objects. Many people injure or arch their back just like you did. If you lift heavy objects keep them close to your body, because this way, you will need less effort. If you don’t do that, your lower back are in danger of getting injured. Back injuries most often happen in lumbar spine area, and they can affect people of any age. With help of x-rays and other tests, a doctor will decide what a proper treatment is for you. It could be a surgery, but maybe it’s something less serious like training, medications or heat/cold treatment.